Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger SR1911 pistol

Feedback Score
    Some writing on the dust cover...looks like a good place doe a Dawson/Novak bolt on light rail.

Feedback Score
    Don't really care for the wood grip look on SS, but that's an easy fix. If these are somewhere around the $600 mark, they might be a good plinker . . . if a recall isn't made within 6 months of release. Makes me wonder if they will make a .22 conversion kit somewhere down the road.
    "The most successful people are those who are good at plan B."
    -James Yorke

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee

"Death is nature's way of telling you that you failed."
    -SAS Commando

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is pretty intriguing, I never thought Ruger would get into the 1911 game with a REAL 1911.

You know what would be SO COOL at this stage in 1911 history, that NOBODY has really done recently?

A no-frills combat-style series-70 all steel American-made 1911, that's actually duty-capable (less the night sights), and costs no more than $750. If somebody could pull something like this off, in this day and age I'd look to either Springfield (but their low-end guns are made in Brazil), or POSSIBLY Ruger. It seems Remington has also made a stab at this entry point, I don't know how well their low-end 1911 is holding up, but I believe it's made at their NY plant, so it would qualify as a serious attempt.

Not getting my hopes up that this gun will measure up, quality wise. Too many recent Ruger attempts to jump into the tactical products have been, well, false starts (the LC9 and SR9 recalls, for instance). But if they could really build something like this with some serious quality, and keep up with demand, they'd sell a trainload of 'em.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    looks like they actually did they homework.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If they would offer this in parkerized steel, for a street price around $600-$650, I would buy one in a heartbeat, maybe even two. I have been looking for another factory 1911, US made, with exactly those sights, grip safety, and left side only safety. But I don't want stainless. I have a 1911 in stainless already, and have always prefered parkerized steel. Maybe they will offer one, and I will be able to add a couple more pistols to my collection.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow...it seems like every major US firearms manufacturer needs to offer an AR and a 1911 in the lineup these days...Colt, S&W, Remington, Ruger, SIG...the playing field is getting a bit saturated.

Still, looks like Ruger did their homework. No FLGR or superfluous firing pin safety. Industry standard Novak dovetails. Integrated plunger tube. I imagine they'll sell, particularly at that price point...
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 04-18-11 at 20:43.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Wow...it seems like every major US firearms manufacturer needs to offer an AR and a 1911 in the lineup these days...Colt, S&W, Remington, Ruger, SIG...the playing field is getting a bit saturated.
    lol, your inclusion of Colt in that list is a little humorous...

Feedback Score
    I'm interested, not sold yet but interested. hopefully they'll come out with a commander model.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    lol, your inclusion of Colt in that list is a little humorous...
    Ha! Good point. I suppose everyone else is an imitator...

Feedback Score
    According to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAP9bLqM6Ss Ruger seems to be working on a railed version and one with an ambidextrous safety. Personally, I'd like to see a blued version with and w/o a rail.
    "The most successful people are those who are good at plan B."
    -James Yorke

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee

"Death is nature's way of telling you that you failed."
    -SAS Commando

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast