Thread: ADS lowers...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

ADS lowers...

So anyone besides myself pick up an ADS lower yet? I ask because I picked one up in FDE for my next build. While installing the lower parts kit I noticed an issue with some of the pin holes. While installing the trigger pins the finish seemed to "chip" off a bit around the holes. I was very gentle and didn't force any of the pins in. It also happened around the safety selector hole as well. Having never worked with a coated gun before I was wondering if this is normal? I will say that it sure looks nice though. Also threw on a Magpul MIAD and attempted to install the Magpul enhanced trigger guard. I say attempted because the lower seems a bit squared off around the front pin location and wouldn't allow the Magpul to sit flush enough to put the little allen screw in.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAZ View Post
    So anyone besides myself pick up an ADS lower yet? I ask because I picked one up in FDE for my next build. While installing the lower parts kit I noticed an issue with some of the pin holes. While installing the trigger pins the finish seemed to "chip" off a bit around the holes. I was very gentle and didn't force any of the pins in. It also happened around the safety selector hole as well. Having never worked with a coated gun before I was wondering if this is normal? I will say that it sure looks nice though. Also threw on a Magpul MIAD and attempted to install the Magpul enhanced trigger guard. I say attempted because the lower seems a bit squared off around the front pin location and wouldn't allow the Magpul to sit flush enough to put the little allen screw in.
    With most bake on coatings, this is pretty normal.

I have seen a couple lowers where the MIAD (with HK style back strap) didn't sit well. I just stopped using that particular back strap.

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm using the largest MIAD backstrap and it sits a bit funny but I love the feel of the larger grip, so I'll stick with it.

As a side note I threw the lower on my Stag upper and boy is it a nice snug fit. The rifle looks a bit funny with the black upper and FDE lower. Just need to decide on an upper receiver and barrel combo for the ADS next.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin