Thread: Looking for a Gov't profile M4 barrel

Feedback Score

Looking for a Gov't profile M4 barrel

Newbie doing the first build and I'm looking at the CMMG 14.7" w/A2 M4A1 SOCOM Barrel for my M4gery project. The description from their website is below.

"New production 14.7" w/A2 M4 A1 SOCOM barrels. Permanent hider brings OAL to legal 16". Features include medium contour, parkerizing under "F" marked forged front sight base, chrome lined chamber and bore, MP testing, 5.56mm chambering, 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, mil-spec parkerizing, drilled gas port, step down for grenade launcher, and standard 1/2x28 threads. Included with barrel is A2 sight assembly, M4 handguard cap and barrel nut. Barrels are engraved "CMMG MPC 5.56 NATO 1/7"."

What I am looking for is a source for a Gov't profile M4 barrel, chrome lined 1:7 twist, 16" overall length with an A2 flash suppressor. What comparable barrel setups are out on the market that meet these specs where the quality is the same or similar to the CMMG but may be priced less than the $323.85 with the gas tube and delta ring assembly?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Feedback Score
    To my knowledge that's about it without having to buy a complete upper with 14.5/.7 & permanent FH or 16" that is CL'd & 1/7 twist. The CMMG is worth that price. For that matter, you need to be willing to pay for something of quality, although not everything quality will cost you your first born if you do enough research.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score

Question

There seems to be some difference of opinion of Bushmaster guns on the whole on this board but, what about just their barrels?

Americans have the right and advantages of being armed- unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -James Madison, The Federalist Papers

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former
    - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Standard for Bushy is no M4 ramps, no CL'ing & 1x9 twist. All of this is personal preference, of course, but you have to special order for options not listed above, if they even offer the above. My Bushy upper functions just fine, but many folks like options.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    I'm looking at making a CMMG purchase.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bushmasterar15 View Post
    I'm looking at making a CMMG purchase.
    My CMMG shot great. Only reason I sold it was because I went shooting with my Accountant and he bought it on the spot. He'd never owned an AR and couldn't believe the accuracy of the 14.5in CMMG upper. He told me right there on the spot to tally up what everything on the upper was worth to replace and that he'd pay it. I was wanting to get rid of my EO-Tech anyway so I sold it all to him.

That being said it was a great gun and shot well. Was 100% reliable but I only had at most 1500rnds through it so take that for what it's worth. Also, I'd never actually cleaned the thing and it worked great. Just for kicks I broke it all down and cleaned it really well and it was pretty dirty. Carbon buildup on the bolt was pretty impressive, but it ran like a Swiss watch.