Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stock options for 20" SPS Tactical (.308)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I swapped out my Hogue for a Manners T4. The difference was about a 1/8 to 3/16 MOA's worth.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    Maybe on paper... but the overall feel and confidence gained is priceless!
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    I have the HS Precision stock on my XCR but bedded the tang and captured the lug and front bedding block. I do this to every stock I have and would try it on the Hogue.

The gun shot well as issued but I always felt it could do better. Now I see it's me who needs work. A good bedding job is essential on any stock. A 200 yard group I fired this morning after bedding it last week.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Maybe on paper... but the overall feel and confidence gained is priceless!
    Man, is it! Pappabear got his 700 which has an HS stock on it. I'm definitely upgrading in a month or so.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pulled the trigger on an HS Police stock.

Crappy Cell pics....

Marks on the bottom of the barrel where the foremost part of the stock was touching the barrel.

Good stock on the right. There's no comparison in the quality.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Now get that sucker milled out and a good bedding job and you'll really be happy.

I try to tell people how shitty the hogue stocks are... but no one seems to listen until they find it for themselves.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    I try to tell people how shitty the hogue stocks are... but no one seems to listen until they find it for themselves.
    Not to mention that when I went to check the Allen wrench size on the front action bolt with the Hogue... it felt like it was at about 20 in/lb of tightness AT MOST.

The Tang screw felt ok... but I have to think that I only have upside potential with a good stock that is torqued properly.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    markm,

Where did you pick up the stock?

I'm thinking about upgrading to an H-S Precision M24 or a Bell and Carlson M40.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I got it from Brownells. If you don't already have it... change your account to an LE and it's like $20 or $30 cheaper. Mine was 312 delivered USPS priority.

You need to get out shooting with us soon!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I'm all for it! Shot mine [without break in] last weekend.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345