Thread: Best way to mount a flashlight next to the barrel?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Best way to mount a flashlight next to the barrel?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to mount a Surefire G2 or E2D on my Steyr AUG A3. It does have a side mounted rail, but it's too far back and I don't really want to run a wire with tail switch to the front handle.

Is there a sturdy and lightweight barrel mount/clamp to mount the flashlight (1" or 1.25" diameter) coaxial to the barrel? I figure this way I can activate it with my support hand pushing against the switch. Any pros/cons about a flashlight clamped to the barrel?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire1201 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to mount a Surefire G2 or E2D on my Steyr AUG A3. It does have a side mounted rail, but it's too far back and I don't really want to run a wire with tail switch to the front handle.

Is there a sturdy and lightweight barrel mount/clamp to mount the flashlight (1" or 1.25" diameter) coaxial to the barrel? I figure this way I can activate it with my support hand pushing against the switch. Any pros/cons about a flashlight clamped to the barrel?
    On my Steyr I use an old school Surefire barrel mount that basically creates 1 notch piece of rail you can use a 1" weaver/pic ring on. It puts the light right at 11:00 for easy use with the vertical grip. It has no adverse affect on accuracy and still shoots more or less MOA @100Y.

You could probably ask around here and maybe some old SF dealers to see if who has some. There are probably plenty sitting in junk drawers

Dennis.