Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving PMag's a second shot... Final update with pics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    And he's right! Get rid of it or I'll have to start posting my collection of Oly problem testimonials!
    BAh!

Nah, I need to get another lower to register as an SBR. I'd did it cheap last time (Oly lower that I had, M1S top half ) No, I want to do it right this time.

ETA: And I'm not getting the damned thing engraved at the freaking MALL again either!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    I have been trying a couple PMAGS and I really don't care for them.
    They rattle when fully loaded and they look weird.
    On the positive side they fit and drop free in five different rifles, they function fine and they lock the bolt open when empty every time.

My dislikes are more cosmetic than functional.

Feedback Score
    Well, I was in the utility closet and found my fiancee's DREMEL TOOL

Never knew she was that kind of girl

So I took it to the Oly lower, being mindful of what the Magpul folks said about what the hang up was...

Here's the results, I beveled the edges as shown and Magpuls are 100% insert and lock!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I would have said put the cutoff wheel in the dremel and cut the receiver in half, but your solution seems to work for you.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I would have said put the cutoff wheel in the dremel and cut the receiver in half, but your solution seems to work for you.
    ASS!

Hey that's a Federally Registered lower receiver. You like have to go through a background check for like a secret service clearance, and pay like $2000 for the license!!!

ETA: FYI if I disappear from the board, I am subject to recall in the Boy Scouts Sea Explorer program in case we go to war with Illinois.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I talked to Drake today at the Marine Expo on Quantico and he is a really cool down to earth guy. Got to fondle the Masada w/UBR stock very impressed with that as well. He asked if I had a chance to run a PMAG yet I said no and he says here beat the hell out of it and let me know how it works. Gave me a free PMAG over all I would have to say MAGPUL is an awesome company with great products. I am going to beat the PMAG up and see how well it holds up.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am still holding out on the Pmags until the make a Ranger plate for them. In the meantime everyone else gets to work out the bugs.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    In the meantime everyone else gets to work out the bugs.

That's how I do it. I waited a long time to try out the Magpul followers. They made some changes to those if I remember correctly.

Obviously the Pmags have had a change or two made to them. Some guys have to be the first one at the range with a new piece of gear! Thanks to those guys, I never have to return factory defects!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Well, happy time at the shooting lease today!

Ran the Pmags and had no problems, did mag changes, firing from prone, and no worries!

I are a happy shooter!

It's amazing what a firearm is capable of with a little ingenuity and a dremel tool!

Feedback Score
    Please don't go to war with Illinois!
    I am going to have to swim a river no matter which way I try to flee to a free state!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast