Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving PMag's a second shot... Final update with pics

Feedback Score
    I want to try out some P mags.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am wainting for the clear ones like some Stickman has and is showing off in his Photo's here and AR15.com

Feedback Score
    Historically plastic magazines have long term problems.

Where I live is known to get just a touch warm from time to time. Phoenix Arizona.

Just how much heat will it take for those lips, under pressure of a loaded mag, stand up. With out drying out.

Right now I use CPmags stainless, with no problems. Is it worth the change in your opinion?

Thank you.

Fred
    Semper Fi * * * Stupid Should Hurt

“To lead untrained men in to war, is to waste them.” - Confucious

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality” - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
    Just how much heat will it take for those lips, under pressure of a loaded mag, stand up. With out drying out.

Just fine for the several months Ive been testing several generations of black Pmags as well as the smoke.

Exposed to heat from round count as well as just sitting in a trunk loaded for months on end.

They've held up fine.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    No issues with the heat here in FL either so far. Have had them in my truck, etc..
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    I am wainting for the clear ones like some Stickman has and is showing off in his Photo's here and AR15.com

You said... "clear ones"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just received a pair of FDE ones (thanks, Grant!) and looking forward to taking them to the range. Already had a pair in black (thanks again, Grant!)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where I live is known to get just a touch warm from time to time. Phoenix Arizona.

A little bit I'd say

I've been running PMAG's in Iraq since April - loaded day in day out - some sitting in the vehicles 24/7 - none have had any issues.
    M855, M856, M995 and Mk262 all feed flawlessly.

I probably have the best reasons not to trust polymer mags - and Magpul has made me a beleiver in these...
    Last edited by KevinB; 10-16-07 at 13:57.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Historically plastic magazines have long term problems.

Right now I use CPmags stainless, with no problems. Is it worth the change in your opinion?

Thank you.

Fred
    Im a dealer in the Phx area and have sold alot of PMAG's withoout a complaint. In addition I forgot and left 2 loaded Pmags in the car over the summer without the feedlip cover installed and they are just fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I've been running PMAG's in Iraq since April - loaded day in day out - some sitting in the vehicles 24/7 - none have had any issues.
    The experience noted above by my relocated brother from the great white north is the reason I went with them. I have not regretted it. Their fit and function are on par with the tier one mags I've gotten from Labelle and they are less expensive (especially when you consider I have to replace the follower with a Magpul follower on the Labelle's). My experience with CProducts aluminum mags has been somewhat problematic. They function, but not flawlessly. For the foreseable future, I will be staying with PMags.
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast