Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +1 Stag Arms customer service

Feedback Score

+1 Stag Arms customer service

RE: thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=78456

Called them up, explained the problem. No questions asked, they emailed me an RA shipping label via UPS and had a repaired upper, with my BUIS sighted in (based on my observations from a rudimentary eyes-only bore-sighting), back to me in 2 weeks flat. Considering I'm on the other side of the country from them, thats pretty much all ship time.

Havent taken it to the range, yet, but you can bet thats high on the priority list.

After reading some users' experiences with warrantee service from some manufacturers (IE CMMG), I was apprehensive about the prospect of them honoring a warrantee on a gun that I bought pre-owned, but they didn't even seem to care about it.

A+ in my book.

Anyways, thanks for those who suggested I call them up anyways.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am not doubting your experience but I would suggest taking the gun to the range before you give them an A+.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Glad to see they fixed it for you. But stag hasnt been known for quality. But if it works for you then great. Make sure every thing is staked properly etc. But don't be supprised if you have more problems down the road. Just out of curiosity how much did you end up paying for the rifle and did you buy it off a guy privately or off of a gun shop.
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogljb View Post
    Just out of curiosity how much did you end up paying for the rifle and did you buy it off a guy privately or off of a gun shop.
    $900 from a shop. Flattop with removable carry-handle came w 3 pmags, samson FF quadrail, and some generic foregrip.

Looking around since, I've seen better deals and i've seen worse. Considering building one up as time goes along, and selling this one off after time.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogljb View Post
    Glad to see they fixed it for you. But stag hasnt been known for quality. But if it works for you then great. Make sure every thing is staked properly etc. But don't be supprised if you have more problems down the road. Just out of curiosity how much did you end up paying for the rifle and did you buy it off a guy privately or off of a gun shop.
    I was one of those OPPS buyers 3 years ago, but my stag hasnt done anything but work well. Ive got 7000 thru it, and i have no reason not to trust it.

Im gonna run it till things break, then throw in a barrel and BCG from bravo.

Feedback Score
    Lots of people get a chance to experience Stag's customer service. That's not necessarily the mark of a quality company.
    Over on 68forums.com, over 40% of Stag 6.8SPC owners (including myself) who answered the poll had feeding problems with their rifles. Stag had been refusing to use M4 ramps, which are almost mandatory with the 6.8SPC. They also had a big batch of barrels that were marked and marketed as 1 in 11 twist, but were measured at 1 in 10. So lots of folks got to talk to "Dave," who seems to be their main CS guy.
    Last edited by fdxpilot; 04-26-11 at 21:04.
    Colt SP6920, LE6920, 6720
    BCM Lower/ARP 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting
    DD M4V5 clone, Troy 5.56 Carbine, S&W M&P10
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 16" middie CHF upper
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 14.5" middie upper
    2 PSA 18"6.8 rifles, PSA 20" M16A4 clone
    Remington 870, Remington 700VTR
    SA XDm9, XDm9C, , XD9SC S&W 1911
    Ruger GP100, Hawkeye77 Compact 6.8SPC
    Kel-Tec KSG, Marlin 336 30-30, HK 45C, VP9
    Sig 1911 Tacops, Scorpion 1911, M11A1, P226 Mk25

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    I was one of those OPPS buyers 3 years ago, but my stag hasnt done anything but work well. Ive got 7000 thru it, and i have no reason not to trust it.

Im gonna run it till things break, then throw in a barrel and BCG from bravo.
    All I'm saying is they are not known for quality. I'll leave it at that. I'm sure if you do some searching on here you'll see what I mean. But I'm glad to hear it's working great for you
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fdxpilot View Post
    ...Stag had been refusing to use M4 ramps, ...
    I noticed this and was disappointed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jncryer View Post
    $900 from a shop. Flattop with removable carry-handle came w 3 pmags, samson FF quadrail, and some generic foregrip.

Looking around since, I've seen better deals and i've seen worse. Considering building one up as time goes along, and selling this one off after time.
    Yikes.

So from what I remember about Stag is
    • no M4 feed ramps
    • 1 in 9" twist
    • 4140 barrel steel
    • piss poor carrier key staking
    • wrong carrier key bolts
    • no HP/MPI testing on the barrel or the bolt
    • wrong extractor insert
    • wrong extractor spring
    • commercial receiver extension (I might be wrong about this, but I don't think so)
    • improperly staked receiver end plate
    • carbine buffer
    • non-F marked front sight

For damn near the same price or just little bit more you could have gotten a Colt 6920, an LMT Defender 2000, a BCM Carbine, a Daniel Defense Carbine, etc. none of which would have any of the deficiencies which I mentioned here.

I will tell you like it is, you got ripped off and then some.

Feedback Score
    Yikes, indeed. I know there are a lot of people out there like yourself that cant help but want to point out (and usually exaggerate) the misfortune of others, but try to keep it in check a little.

Half the stuff you posted is erroneous (I have a mil-spec buffer tube, f-stamped FSB), most of the rest isn't quantitative or substantive ("wrong" this, "wrong" that, "wrong" etc, "piss-poor" somethin else... call me naive if you want, but it seems logical that if a company was in the habit of products which contained such a high percentage of "wrong" components as you suggest, they wouldn't be a company for long, especially in an industry like this).

I feel very comfortable with the amount I spent on this rifle, and despite my relative lack of experience with this type of firearm, I'm not a complete idiot. As is my habit, I did do some research before committing the purchase. I would have preferred to have done more before hand, but the circumstances dictated to the contrary.

Will I admit that this rifle isnt the collaboration of all the industry's hardest-testing, best performing, least failing parts available for the lowest price in the world? Yeah. I kinda already did. If nothing else, its evident in the need to send it into warranty repair before putting a significant amount of ammo through it.

Having had a little more exposure to this weapon and its mechanics, I realize there are more efficient and reliable brands and components out there at comparable prices. The point of my thread here is to acknowledge that Stag Arms at least stands behind their product (which is more than can be said about some other manufacturers). Will I buy another Stag in the future? Maybe. We'll see in a few thousand rounds how everything holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Yikes.

So from what I remember about Stag is
    • no M4 feed ramps
    • 1 in 9" twist
    • 4140 barrel steel
    • piss poor carrier key staking
    • wrong carrier key bolts
    • no HP/MPI testing on the barrel or the bolt
    • wrong extractor insert
    • wrong extractor spring
    • commercial receiver extension (I might be wrong about this, but I don't think so)
    • improperly staked receiver end plate
    • carbine buffer
    • non-F marked front sight

For damn near the same price or just little bit more you could have gotten a Colt 6920, an LMT Defender 2000, a BCM Carbine, a Daniel Defense Carbine, etc. none of which would have any of the deficiencies which I mentioned here.

I will tell you like it is, you got ripped off and then some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast