Thread: Looking for an economical drop in bulb for SF?

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)

Looking for an economical drop in bulb for SF?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I just put this in my SF G3, excellent throw and spill, plenty bright. Much, much better than the Cree Q5 that's in my SF G2. I swapped them back and forth to rule out any variables, same result.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That looks good and economical, just wonder the durability since it does not mention which company makes them.

I actually have an empty 6P host right now although I have few P60 drop-ins they are in use.
    From the few chinese drop-ins I have tried that are economical I like Solarforce the best. I will actually be ordering a XM-L 500Lumen dropin($19) from them for my 6P tonight.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have two SF's(6P/9P)equipped with Thrunite Cree XM-L drop in single stage lamps that emit 480 lumens. Lighthound is selling them for $23.99. They cover 3-9 volt so you can use them with the 9P or other SF's that run on three CR123's...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I also have a Thrunite XM-L single mode in a SureFire Z2, and the light output is incredible compared to anything else I've used, and it's the brightest light I own. I also went with the Thrunite over the Solarforce XM-L drop-in because of the ability to take 9 volts, so I use rechargeable batteries in it for handheld use. Non-rechargeables/primaries get expensive. But I don't know about the durability and reliablity of these drop-ins so I'm running a Malkoff M60 for a weapon light as it seems to be the most robust out there for aftermarket LEDs. Not as bright by a long shot but reliability matters more in a weapon light.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 03-22-11 at 01:32.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    This is a handheld only for me to go in the car. But I wouldn't have any reservations about sticking it on something without much kick, an AR for example.
    Last edited by Caeser25; 03-23-11 at 19:48.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk_Ghost View Post
    I would not use "Battery Junction!" They have garnered a reputation as not standing behind the product they sell, specifically in the arena of Chinese electronic goods which have a much, much higher then normal rate of defect, they'll stick you when you get a bad one....Buying from "Battery Junction" caveat emptor...I buy exclusively from "Lighthound!"
    Last edited by Denali; 03-23-11 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    update: I went to the range Thursday night to do some night firing. So I was finally able to use this in a pitch black enviroment. It's usable out to 50-75 yards. Beyond that, there is a huge hole/gap in the beam. At about 100 it will light up a human size then blackness for about 10-15 feet on either side before the side spill starts. But as a general purpose light to keep around the house or in a car it will do. I haven't changed the batteries yet and have been using it for every task that has needed a light day to day.