Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: +1 Stag Arms customer service

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jncryer View Post
    Yikes, indeed. I know there are a lot of people out there like yourself that cant help but want to point out (and usually exaggerate) the misfortune of others, but try to keep it in check a little.
    First let me say that I am happy that Stag has good CS. At least this way when (not if) your rifle breaks they will stand behind it. I have found that some major manufactures (cough...HK...cough) have less than satisfactory CS. Still what I said about your rifle stands.

I am not attacking you, nor am I trying to embarrass you. However it is posts like yours that lead people to believe Stag is a "good" AR and that is simply not the case.

Half the stuff you posted is erroneous (I have a mil-spec buffer tube, f-stamped FSB), most of the rest isn't quantitative or substantive ("wrong" this, "wrong" that, "wrong" etc, "piss-poor" somethin else...
    No Sir, half the "stuff" I posted is not erroneous. You mentioned 2 items out of a list of 12 defiencies which mentioned. Further more these 2 items are among the least troublesome of the whole list. Things like M4 ramps, barrel steel, proofing, etc. are basically non-correctable (without replacing the whole upper) and all add to to your rifle being sub-standard. I admit my data might be dated and I even mentioned that I am not sure if they are STILL using commercial buffer tubes, or are using milspec now, however the truth of the matter still stands.

Industry standards, Armorers manuals, Technical Data Packages, etc. all dictate when something is simply wrong or improperly done. Your Stag fails in most of the essential categories. If you don't like it, tough shit. I am sorry, you should have done your homework and bought something else.

...call me naive if you want, but it seems logical that if a company was in the habit of products which contained such a high percentage of "wrong" components as you suggest, they wouldn't be a company for long, especially in an industry like this).
    Stag, and other companies like it stay in business simply due to ignorance and mis-information, leading people like you to purchase them not realizing they bought a turd. Sorry, but that's what your rifle is, a turd.

I feel very comfortable with the amount I spent on this rifle, and despite my relative lack of experience with this type of firearm, I'm not a complete idiot. As is my habit, I did do some research before committing the purchase. I would have preferred to have done more before hand, but the circumstances dictated to the contrary.
    No one called you an idiot, but you made a lousy choice. The market is flooded with MUCH better AR rifles and if you had bothered to do any research here at all before you purchased you would have realized that.

In the end if all you bought the rifle for was to shoot some dirt, pop a box or 2 of ammo every 6 months, and show off to your buddies at a BBQ then great, glad you are happy. If you plan on doing anything more serious than this then you made a bad decision.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 04-27-11 at 15:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    First let me say that I am happy that Stag has good CS. At least this way when (not if) your rifle breaks they will stand behind it. I have found that some major manufactures (cough...HK...cough) have less than satisfactory CS. Still what I said about your rifle stands.

I am not attacking you, nor am I trying to embarrass you. However it is posts like yours that lead people to believe Stag is a "good" AR and that is simply not the case.
    Again, you're getting vague and lacking substance in what you say. You're making a lot of assumptions, and trying to lead others to do the same. Stag is a "Good" AR... for some. This isn't a duty rifle. I'm not LEO or MIL; its not my job to bust this rifle to pieces in the process of hunting armed men. Nor do I need it to deplete the world's supply of 5.56. It's not that crucial of a lifeline for me, and as such, it's components wont see as much stress.

What you're apparently saying is that anything that cant stand up to eternal "sandbox" conditions, or anything that cant make .25" groups at 300 is worthless. The thought behind this, again, is erroneous.

Also, you seem to make a point of guaranteeing that my rifle will break at some point. It's my understanding that everything breaks or wears down over time. (Will your rifle components never wear down? thats neat.)

In the end if all you bought the rifle for was to shoot some dirt, pop a box or 2 of ammo every 6 months, and show off to your buddies at a BBQ then great, glad you are happy. If you plan on doing anything more serious than this then you made a bad decision.
    So, here, (finally) you stop "shooting" and "ask questions": "What is he using this rifle for?" should have come up earlier today, but it didn't. As I pointed out earlier, it either doesn't matter to you, or you just assumed that everyone in the world has to have the same criteria for everything as you do.

While my purchase was not recreational in nature (BBQ conversation piece? Really?), its not requisite that I place the same demanding requirements on my rifle as you (apparently) do on yours. My rifle isnt intended to be the only thing to stand between me and hundreds of thousands of taliban/zombies/inmates/etc. Hopefully, these means I'll have time to work things out with customer service while I use something else in the meantime to fill the role of this rifle while its repaired.

No one called you an idiot...
    No. Not in so many words. But you did call me ignorant, something which I am not. You did tell me that I didn't do my "homework", something which I did (to the extent that the circumstances permitted. I mentioned this above already...). You did blame me (or rather people like me) for forming opinions that differ from your own. (so?)

As I mentioned before: I made the best decision with what I had available, within the constraints imposed on me at the time. What I said about my rifle still stands, and I reaffirm after careful observation that it is not a turd.

My purpose in starting this thread was to acknowledge that Stag Arms has good customer service. For whatever reason, you decided it was necessary for you to come in here and save the world from my misinformation. Your input hasn't changed the fact that Stag has good CS. You haven't changed my mind about my reasoning for purchasing the rifle when/how/why I did. You haven't made me feel like I "made a lousy choice".

If you don't like that, then "tough shit." There's no need for any more of your negativity, degradations, or insults. You don't need to come back to this thread anymore. In fact, you've managed to make quite a mess of it already.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    This thread has run its' course.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12