Thread: Need some help from LEO's... Mourning bands

Feedback Score

Need some help from LEO's... Mourning bands

Afternoon guys.

Im looking for Mourning bands, we wear BDU's and I am looking for the Pin on style mourning bands. Seems like we have lost a lot of brothers this year and i don't feel right not honoring them. I feel just as bad when I have to safety pin a regular morning band to my Uniform it just doesnt look right..

I know i have seen them but i cannot find them Online

Galls/honor gear/ cop quest are all a no go

Any Help?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I assume your BDU uses sewn on badges. What about using Velcro backed badges that have a band stitched to them so you can change out to a reg badge. The way things are going you won't swap out often. The numbers at 62 I think already.

The same velcro used for morale patches on caps & gear bags would prob work the best.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Until you find what you are looking for, just use electrical tape. It looks fine, and doesn't leave residue when you are done with it.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys thanks for the replies. Yeah 62 sounds right. the Kalamazoo was the last Officer i heard about.

the rate its going I may just have a long sleve and a short sleve with the bands sewn on..

My Sgt has one looks like a Class A name tag black in color with a Thin BLue Line on it. It is a Pin on deal but he does not recall where he got it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We also use the black electrical tape over the cloth sewn-on badge, with the same advantages outlined above.

On a related note, a general remembrance, morale type patch would be a great idea for other garments and gear. Something to wear anytime for general purposes of respect, not only when we lose a guy. Maybe MM or the Milsurp Monkey could come up with something...(hint, hint)

Pat

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Mourning Bands

Check with VF solutions. They are my agency (USBP) uniform supplier. They have plastic pin ons available for us to order with our allowance.

http://www.vfsolutions.com/
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    x3 on the electrical tape, for BDU's.