Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APEX; new sear for M&P?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi guys,

The FSS and trigger was seen at the NRA show this past weekend, and the guys who were in the Personal Armorer course yesterday had a chance to shoot the gun. The trigger is scary responsive. But by springing it correctly, should be a viable option for individuals who can't stand all the take up of our standard kits/sear.

That said, I personally don't have a problem with trigger pre travel. We will be offering a version of the Aluminum trigger for our standard sear that will remove some of the pre travel. I like the smaller center mounted safety lever rather than having the entire lower half of the trigger pivot.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    I know that. I still prefer a longer take up - people don't carry 1911's with their safety off and that new Apex trigger looks very much like it performs like a 1911 trigger.
    That and I come from HK LEM triggers...
    People (generally) do not carry the 1911 without the TS engaged because that gun as 4lbs (or less) trigger pull. I have seen people not use the TS though (so it does happen).

Typically, the M&P trigger pull is going to be around 5-6LBS (with the duty spring kit). So I would have no problem using Apex's new trigger.

C4

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I haven't measured the trigger pull weight on my M&P with the DCAEK but it doesn't feel like it is more then 5 pounds...doesn't take much force at all to release it.
    Can't wait for the RAM and the Ameriglo sights I ordered from you to arrive, although the reset is already much more pronounced compared to stock.
    I really like my new M&P and Apex made it even better...I'm glad I made the switch!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Hi guys,

The FSS and trigger was seen at the NRA show this past weekend, and the guys who were in the Personal Armorer course yesterday had a chance to shoot the gun. The trigger is scary responsive. But by springing it correctly, should be a viable option for individuals who can't stand all the take up of our standard kits/sear.

That said, I personally don't have a problem with trigger pre travel. We will be offering a version of the Aluminum trigger for our standard sear that will remove some of the pre travel. I like the smaller center mounted safety lever rather than having the entire lower half of the trigger pivot.

-Randy
    I'm going to be all over that! Any idea on ETA?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For those of you that watched the video it is a tad deceptive. You've got to pay attention to the details.

Ive removed almost all of the pre travel from the FSS equipped gun.

Without Pre travel adjustments there is still a good bit of travel involved in my setups.

Now, having said that, im not sure how much pre travel will be left post installation of the FSS and Randy's new trigger.

Also, M&P's with the Apex parts feel lighter than they really are due to the fact that part of the triggers overall weight is coming from the trigger return spring and the associated tension.
    Last edited by Magsz; 05-03-11 at 11:34.

On the spreading edge of the butter knife
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    I'm going to be all over that! Any idea on ETA?
    I'm in line right behind you!
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I corresponded with Scott at Apex a couple weeks ago about the FSS. He indicated that initial version will be geared towards competition, with a Duty version to follow later.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    For those of you that watched the video it is a tad deceptive. You've got to pay attention to the details.

Without Pre travel adjustments there is still a good bit of travel involved in my setups.

Now, having said that, im not sure how much pre travel will be left post installation of the FSS and Randy's new trigger.

Also, M&P's with the Apex parts feel lighter than they really are due to the fact that part of the triggers overall weight is coming from the trigger return spring and the associated tension.
    Thanks for explaining. I wanted to give you a heads up that I was posting your video but I forgot. Nice video, thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No sweatskies man! Hope the video was a decent enough overview of the differences between the two triggers.
    Last edited by Magsz; 05-04-11 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post

If I'm understanding correctly, you modifed the gun to reduce pretravel and the overtravel is controlled by the FSS?

How did you modify the pretravel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12