Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy BattleSight Set Micro DOA Tritium ~vs~Diamondhead-USA

Feedback Score

Troy BattleSight Set Micro DOA Tritium ~vs~Diamondhead-USA

Need some advice on iron sights and makers iam getting my first AR next weekend ,and i would like some advice from ppl that really know what there talking about in iron sights i know ill get it here

1# which brand name has the better quality on performance

2# important question which optic sight diamond or oval rear sight. ? I know its personal preferance but this is my first tactical rifle . i value your opinions

3# is micro iron sights that much differnt from the base model

thanks ever so much
    Keltic/TS

Feedback Score
    1- I think most people here would recommend anything that Troy offers. Their sights are very high quality.

2- Im not too familiar with the diamond rear sight apature. Considering this is your first AR, I would be inclined to go with the standard peep sight and determine later if it is something that you would want to replace.

3- The Troy Micro sights are intended for use with rifles with a raised top rail, like the hk416, fn scar, and the vltor casv system. Im not sure how well they would work on an AR15, I imagine you would be straining your neck a lot to get a good sight picture.

Another type of micro sight is offered by Knights Armament. Those sights are more low profile than standard flip up iron sights but are also a standard height.
    When asked a few days later by his superior what he was going to do once he was out of the plane without a parachute, Frank MacAlyster replied…

"One problem at a time sarge, one problem at a time..."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't know who is making the Diamondhead sights now but originally they brought their "sight" to Troy and before Troy came out with their improved diamond type sight they had the diamondhead sight as part of their normal sight series. Troy now has their own similar.

I have a couple of the Troy Diamondhead ones before Troy came out with their own version.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    1- I think most people here would recommend anything that Troy offers. Their sights are very high quality.

2- Im not too familiar with the diamond rear sight apature. Considering this is your first AR, I would be inclined to go with the standard peep sight and determine later if it is something that you would want to replace..
    Couldnt have said it better myself...get good with your standard iron sights before you spend $200 on those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If its your first AR then get the standard circular aperture. Its been gtg for a long time and what you should learn on and "Know" how to be be proficient with... then later if you are curious or have reason to... experiment with something new.

I will be trying out the diamond sights eventually as I have a reason to... when my eyes were good I LOVED iron sights and shot very accurately with them out past 400m, but now with bad eyes my rear aperture goes egg shaped on me and I can't find the x axis of center which causes me to shoot vertical strings right down the center of the target, so I'm hoping with the diamond I will be more able to find the x axis of center having corners in the aperture... might not help at all.

With the circular aperture I will still hit minute-of-badguy, but now it could be anywhere from the crotch to the forehead

Stick with the circle until you have extra time/$ or need the diamond, IMHO
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keltic View Post
    diamond or oval rear sight
    Oval? you mean circle.

Just by looking at it, I think diamond rear sight will make easier to get front sight centered on the rear sight then circle rear sight.

I believe on Troy Inc. You can buy just rear ring insert if you want to change it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1) I have 3 AR's all with different irons and used for different personal reason. 1) I have one AR setup similar to my duty weapon the M4 w/MATECH 600m. Just an ok sight and the only reason I have it is so I can train behind the weapon system I'd deploy with. 2) My other is the KAC 600m on my Noveske RECCE setup--I like this one the best. 3) And lastly is a Troy Tritium BUIS for lowlight/night use (home protection).

2) I had the Troy Di-Optic Aperture (DOA) (similar to the diamond) and didn't like it and quickly sold it. While focusing on the FSP I found the diamond shape distracting and my eye preferred symmetrical and easy to center circle. YMMV, but personally wouldn't recommend it.
    I guess I'm too used to looking through the standard circular sight.

3) The micros are for rail systems taller than the standard M4.

Good luck with your first AR...
    Last edited by BlueOvalFan; 01-24-11 at 01:17.
    "Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" Gunnery Sergeant Dan Daly

Feedback Score
    I have two ARs with the standard A2 sights and one AR with the Troy folding front sight (center post and wings, not H&K style) and a Troy Diamondhead rear sight. For some reason I do not see much difference between sight pictures other than the Diamondhead feels a little quicker and my groups are a little tighter. It may be in my imagination but I have been pleased with the setup on my LWRC. Having said that, our department uses Mini14 GB rifles and almost any sight on a rifle is better than those.

Feedback Score

troy

I am going to put the iron sights on POF 415~16 223/556 Recon that has the raised rail correct ? . if so the troy micro is what iam looking for ? every bit of imfo on this matter is importiant and i really thank u all for ur help

much respect
    keltic/Ts

Feedback Score
    Diamond sights on a POF gun. Lol.

Doesn't POF guns come with their own sights?

Pick up a KAC 600m rear, and KAC M4 flip up front sight.

All I'll use anymore. After using Troys on LWRCi guns.
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 01-25-11 at 02:38.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast