Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AAR - Jason Falla 2-Day Advanced Carbine - April 30-May 1, 2011 - Los Angeles, CA

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Definitely good stuff, glad Mike shared it with us. I agree, it's definitely one hell of a good time when your standing in a pile of brass!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    That youtube vid is great stuff - looks like my idea of a good time...standing in piles of brass!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RamZar View Post
    This was my second class with Jason (last one was the Intermediate Pistol in November and saw many of the same students from that class in this one).

This was a great class with a great instructor and group of students.
    I gotta give you props, Ram, running the course with a SOCOM 308. You're a maniac!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter172 View Post

I gotta give you props, Ram, running the course with a SOCOM 308. You're a maniac!
    Last time I'm taking more than a 1-day course with the M1A SOCOM II in .308. Too heavy and punishing. It certainly didn't help my bad back! On the plus side I only had 4 misses out of 14 on the steel on the obstacle course. A heavy round at distance in wind always helps.

Feedback Score
    Nice, Great Transition video !!, Awesome manipulations. Still really looking forward to having you guys up in Alaska !!

Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone that attended our Advanced Carbine Course at Eagle's Nest. We had to push through some challenging environmental factors from time to time but everyone did an outstanding job.

It was great to see that everyone was able to assimilate the instruction and put it all together at the end during the run and gun stress course.

Thanks again to GGT and SMGLee plus the other members of the AM.

See you guys next time in sunny California.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, another excellent course! I'd also like to get a copy of the drills, please. Also, I think you should consider doing the run 'n gun stress test after both days! That was a lot of fun, including the "Le Mans" style run, assemble, and shoot excercise.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Redback One
    www.redbackone.com

Grey Group Training:
    www.greygrouptraining.com

Photos from this class should start going up today.

Special thanks to Chen Lee and the Eagle's Nest range for being such outstanding hosts for the class.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I just wanted to say a big THANKS for putting on a GREAT 2-day Advanced Carbine course. Jason is an STELLAR instructor! Grey Group and SMGLee deserve a big hand too for putting this together. Also a big thanks to SORD & TNVC for providing some nice prizes!

Day one was fun as the wind offered an interesting challenge for both the shooters and the weapons. It was kicking up dirt/debris/dust everywhere but everyone worked through it. A few weapons were dry and required a bit of lube and a LWRC piston gun apparently didn't like any of the accessories that was attached to it as it was doing a very good job of shedding damn near everything on the gun.

Despite having taken many carbine courses, I was still able to learn new things in Jason's course. One aspect was Jason's emphasis on economy of motion. It sounded simple but in practice, they were more challenging than I thought. I caught myself being very uneconomical more often then I'd like to admit. Switching stances during strong/weak side transitions for example and doing more handwork to do a strong/weak transition than necessary...this all added unnecessary time for me to complete the task at hand. While pretty much everyone in this course could lay down rounds fairly quickly and accurately once they had their sights aligned, getting to that point proved why his emphasis on improving gun handling really mattered. Terrorizing us with his shot timer, Jason show how slow some of us were to get that first round on target.

Jason also showed us how slowing down could make us "faster". Fast misses doesn't help stop a threat. 90%, not 100% was the order of the day. Going full bore would (more often then not) induced user error. The shot timer on damn near everything really made it challenging as that evil little box would push you to run 100%+. You had to consciously pull yourself back so that you didn't screw up your gun handling.

Jason also incorporated a LOT of different combined shooting and reloading drills. More than any other instructor in recent memory which was great challenge. His combo-meal drills showed me something very important, I NEED TO PRACTICE A LOT MORE!

The "stress" course at the end the 2nd day was great. What was amazing was that Jason RAN the course with EACH student (which was non-stop cycle, one student right after another) and then he ran the course himself! I thought I was going to pull a momma-bird and upchuck my lunch after just ONE run-through! This guy is a BEAST!!

I thoroughly enjoyed Jason's method of instruction. Very concise, showed good examples and was patient when he needed to be and pushed when it was needed. The class hummed along at a good clip with just a few stop downs to correct minor issues. There was a lot that we covered and I was tired and sore at the end of each day (granted, I'm no spring chicken but I'm also don't need adult diapers...yet)...I'm sure the 20 year old Marine Recon we had in the class might have the opinion that it was a little more leisurely than I'm describing however.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend taking a class with Jason...he is simply an EXCELLENT instructor with a great course. I can't wait 'till he's back in town....until then, I'm going to practice a LOT more!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not to mention that Jason ran the stress course with his full gear on. finished in 2:08 which was only 28 seconds slower than the 20yrs old Marine Recon, only because he has a double feed during one of the firing session(Blame the ammo on SMGLee). if he did not have to clear the malfunction, he would have had time approaching or surpass the 1:40. Also Jason was the third fastest through the course, he was the most accurate with only three misses. hats of to Jason, he is more like a machine.

Monday and Tuesday, he taught another carbine class to a bunch LEOs, he again ran the skill course with everyone and shot the course at the end.

Redback One
    www.redbackone.com

Grey Group Training:
    www.greygrouptraining.com

Pictures to follow, uploaded are a few off my iPhone...

Feedback Score

MORE PHOTOS

For more photos visit us at http://www.facebook.com/redbackone

We hope to have more up soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast