Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever bitten by a Brown Recluse?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As said above, if you follow the doc's orders, it should turn out just fine. Not seeking treatment seems to be where people get into trouble. Last week I was in the back of a court room when it came up that the defendant had a spider bite. The judge immediately recessed and ordered the woman to go straight to the ER around the corner.

Later, he told that his sister nearly lost her hand due to complications from a brown recluse bite that went untreated for too long.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic Dead View Post
    My pitbull sat on one in my basement a few years ago and a quarter sized area of skin came off of his sack. We got some cream from the vet, and it heeled up in a bout a month. He is a fawn colored dog and the fur that grew back in the area of the bite turned black
    Just thought I'd throw that out there
    Who put the cream on?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This one damn near got me today. Not a Brown Recluse, but a Black Widow.

I was wearing a good thick leather work glove.

Definitely watch for the small creepy crawlies.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic Dead View Post
    My pitbull sat on one in my basement a few years ago and a quarter sized area of skin came off of his sack. We got some cream from the vet, and it heeled up in a bout a month. He is a fawn colored dog and the fur that grew back in the area of the bite turned black
    Just thought I'd throw that out there
    Damn...blackballed.

Feedback Score

Update

Have done very well after this bite. Only have a small scar about 1/8 inch across.

I have another question, will this bite help me build resistance to future bites?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    A friend of the family was bitten 2 years ago by a brown recluse. She was misdiagnosed and went into a coma overnight and died. If there is one thing I don't like, it's creepy crawly shit.

I was in Africa for the last month and my first week there I got malaria. Fortunately I kicked it quick with the meds.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    A friend of the family was bitten 2 years ago by a brown recluse. She was misdiagnosed and went into a coma overnight and died. If there is one thing I don't like, it's creepy crawly shit.

I was in Africa for the last month and my first week there I got malaria. Fortunately I kicked it quick with the meds.
    Sorry to here that IG, sometimes it's hard to understand why such things happen.

A close friend of mine is a Viet Nam vet, he got malaria while there. He had told me that it returns every year but decreases in severity each time. He said he no longer knows if the malaria has returned or if he simply has a cold. Hopefully todays meds are much better.

BTW, I just killed the biggest B recluse today I've ever seen. Fortunately it was in the sink in the shop building an not in the house.
    Last edited by jhs1969; 05-28-11 at 17:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    This one damn near got me today. Not a Brown Recluse, but a Black Widow.

I was wearing a good thick leather work glove.

Definitely watch for the small creepy crawlies.

If it makes everyone feel better, an arachnologist can find a Black Widow in just about any house in every state. Sleep tight!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone know the anti-biotic prescribed for this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicalpath View Post
    Anyone know the anti-biotic prescribed for this?
    I don't know how much experience my NP has with this or what guidelines they follow but she prescribed DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE 100mg. I was also told to use Neosporin on the bite site.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast