Thread: S&W 15-22 Sight Adjustments

Feedback Score

S&W 15-22 Sight Adjustments

I have been shooting 22's all my life. I recently purchased a 15-22. I have tweaked the sights on my AR-15 per the instructions on the sticky for found in the general AR thread on sight adjustments. The 15-22 has the exact same sights. Generally I sight in iron sights for a 22 @ 50 yards. (Best my 53 year old eyes can cope with). Using 50 yards as my base (is another base better?), how should I set the sights? How can I get the best utility out of this caliber and these sights?

THANKS!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I zeroed mine with the irons pending the arrival of a red dot. As I recall I first shot it at 25 yds, did some adjustments, and then went back to 50yds. When the red dot showed up I started out the same way; it wasn't even on an E target at 25! I had to sneak up to about 12 yards to put shots on target, and then backed off from there, finishing at 50 yds.

I think 50 yds is a good zero distance for the 3 MOA red dot I have. I use the half size reduced targets a lot, which gives the equivalent of 100 yd practice at 50. I may refine it for longer ranges but for a .22 LR it seems to work nicely.

It's also comparable to the 50 yd IBZ for 5.56 and works out for subcaliber practice as both are right on at shorter ranges.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I agree here.

Let me revise a little, based on the info in this thread (AR-15 Zeros and Trajectories):

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65679

How can we maximize the utility of the A2 sight on the S&W 15-22?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by why1504 View Post
    I have been shooting 22's all my life. I recently purchased a 15-22. I have tweaked the sights on my AR-15 per the instructions on the sticky for found in the general AR thread on sight adjustments. The 15-22 has the exact same sights. Generally I sight in iron sights for a 22 @ 50 yards. (Best my 53 year old eyes can cope with). Using 50 yards as my base (is another base better?), how should I set the sights? How can I get the best utility out of this caliber and these sights?

THANKS!!!
    Zero at 25yds to get the windage down and then move the target out to 50yds and adjust the elevation.

C4