Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
Great minds, deuce71.

I started with an inexpensive, but effective, SWFA fixed 10x but wanted a more useful magnification range. From there I went to an IOR 2.5-10x42. It had great glass and tracked well but I still wanted a bit more on the top end and the reticle was too thick for my tastes. That is when I settled on the SHV 4-14. I get the Nightforce reliability and tracking with a useful reticle that has an illuminated center cross and FFP. This is my "deer rifle" and so that is all useful. I really wanted the ATACR but couldn't swing it after getting a GenII Vortex for my bolt gun (and have money left for ammo). For me, this is the perfect scope.
Absolutely. I didn’t take the journey you did with glass....Lol. I already had an NF 2.5-10x32 sitting on my MWS (now on my .223 BCM Mk12 fake) so the easy solution was......another NF! I felt I needed just a little more magnification and the SHV 4-14 F1 fit the bill very well. The ATACR was a possibility but the $$$$ was a little more than I wanted to spend. The NF SHV Line of scopes are really nice for the money.