Page 230 of 311 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    Great minds, deuce71.

I started with an inexpensive, but effective, SWFA fixed 10x but wanted a more useful magnification range. From there I went to an IOR 2.5-10x42. It had great glass and tracked well but I still wanted a bit more on the top end and the reticle was too thick for my tastes. That is when I settled on the SHV 4-14. I get the Nightforce reliability and tracking with a useful reticle that has an illuminated center cross and FFP. This is my "deer rifle" and so that is all useful. I really wanted the ATACR but couldn't swing it after getting a GenII Vortex for my bolt gun (and have money left for ammo). For me, this is the perfect scope.
    Absolutely. I didn’t take the journey you did with glass....Lol. I already had an NF 2.5-10x32 sitting on my MWS (now on my .223 BCM Mk12 fake) so the easy solution was......another NF! I felt I needed just a little more magnification and the SHV 4-14 F1 fit the bill very well. The ATACR was a possibility but the $$$$ was a little more than I wanted to spend. The NF SHV Line of scopes are really nice for the money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    AGB is a no go on MWS, the factory gas block is pressed into place. Also the gas-port is drilled at an angle but not sure if the gas-admission port on the gas-block is too, provided of coarse you can get the stock block off. I plan on having a 20" rifle gas-barrel shortened to 16" to see what that does for the over gassing situation. some have had success with adjustable gas bolt carriers.
    That’s too bad......not sure what to do now. I will have to live with it I suppose. My .300blk SBR runs fine with my SF SOCOM mini so I may look into a different can.......maybe. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Probably more a function of the suppressor you were using than anything else. My MWS has all kinds of function issues with my Saker 762, but if I use my Surefire 762 mini 2, it runs like a top. Low back pressure suppressors make things so much easier.
    Huh, which brand of ammo were you using? Glad to hear you are having no issues.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Huh, which brand of ammo were you using? Glad to hear you are having no issues.
    I shoot MEN 147, ppu m80, hirtenberger 147, fed gmm 168 and 175, CBC 168 sniper, pnw 175, and others. I have a pretty good selection of 168/175 smk factory ammo.

Back when he still had it, JoshNC ran a lot of black hills 175 through his mws with his surefire 762rc without any issues. We had the same barrel/bolt/buffer/spring. Nearly identical guns.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I shoot MEN 147, ppu m80, hirtenberger 147, fed gmm 168 and 175, CBC 168 sniper, pnw 175, and others. I have a pretty good selection of 168/175 smk factory ammo.

Back when he still had it, JoshNC ran a lot of black hills 175 through his mws with his surefire 762rc without any issues. We had the same barrel/bolt/buffer/spring. Nearly identical guns.
    Ok, great. I need to try some different ammo. Maybe I save the Fed WB for unsuppressed. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    AGB is a no go on MWS, the factory gas block is pressed into place. Also the gas-port is drilled at an angle but not sure if the gas-admission port on the gas-block is too, provided of coarse you can get the stock block off. I plan on having a 20" rifle gas-barrel shortened to 16" to see what that does for the over gassing situation. some have had success with adjustable gas bolt carriers.
    I know of one guy who pressed off the factory GB and replaced it with an AGB, and the recommendation to do this came directly from LMT. He offered to do this for me gratis, but I decided not to go down that road.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I know of one guy who pressed off the factory GB and replaced it with an AGB, and the recommendation to do this came directly from LMT. He offered to do this for me gratis, but I decided not to go down that road.
    Under what circumstances did LMT say that? These guns are gassed to much I think. I put my Premier 3-15 back on my 18SS with a rifle length buffer tube and Slashed heavy buffer. I had some loose 30 ammo in my ammo drawer, so I grabbed that to start the zeroing. 4th shot in, the BCG wouldn't go back into battery. WTF. At first I thought I had sheared off a lug or something because I could see something metallic in the lugs. I was at a public range, so I couldn't finger bang it very much. I did find a Hornady case with a popped primer. I guess I haven't segregated out all the 178 Superperformance ammo that I know will pop primers, even if Hornady says its fine, but hot.

I'm looking to use this as my PRS gun, so dialing in the gas would be nice. I know it is still going to kick, but ever since I got a AGB/Low-mass system for my ar15 upper, I'm a big fan for all but the most critical applications.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I remember a while ago before I got into suppressed shooting with my MWS, my gun did NOT like Hornady Superformance 178gr Match. However, that was concerning accuracy. Group size was pitiful, but it cycled just fine unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Under what circumstances did LMT say that?
    That question should be answered by the guy who got the word directly from an LMT rep. Bottom line is he took the recommendation despite everyone saying/believing it wasn't possible, pressed off the old GB, installed an adjustable and it works for him. He hangs out on the KAC Owner's Group and LMT Owners Group Facebook pages.

Finally took ol' girl out today. Obviously pulled a few of these shots, but honestly I'm just happy to finally get her tuned perfectly to feed 147gr 7.62, M118LR and 175gr .308 reliably. All non-suppressed, but I likely won't be running the Saker on this rig ever again. Just haven't had any luck finding a sweet spot and I'm tired of wasting time and ammo dicking with it. I'm considering the new KAC long can to see if it does a better job at mitigating back pressure when shooting suppressed. MWS 16" CL Barrel shooting M118LR @ 100 yds off the bipod (this is the same modified CL barrel that was ball milled and cut down by Pitts from 20" to retain the rifle length gas system)

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 03-30-18 at 19:55. Reason: grammar police
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Boba fett

I had the same problem with AAC 7.62 SDN, it made the gun run crazy hot. I tried my Sig can and it was night and day. I think some of the larger volume ( the Sig can is fatter) and some with larger initial chambers handle gas so much better. Newer cans IMHO, newer technology has learned to manage gasses better. You may consider trying a buddy's can sometime and see if it works better for you.

I know its a PITA, but so is running your gun hot or minus a can.

Good luck.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-31-18 at 10:29.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 230 of 311 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast