Page 213 of 311 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Before, after, and almost assembled minus front sight and barrel. Magpul FDE.

Attachment 45143
    Attachment 45144
    Attachment 45145
    Most of the time I don't like aftermarket paint jobs. That is sweet. Nicely done. Good choice.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Looking excellent Jake. Very nice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Most of the time I don't like aftermarket paint jobs. That is sweet. Nicely done. Good choice.
    Thanks guys. I wanted the factory FDE MWS. But couldn't wait the 6+ months. So just gave the cerakote a go. Turned out ok. Doesn't match the magpul FDE, so went with Black accents. Pappabear, if you want to ditch that Tan SOPMOD that came with yours, shoot me a PM
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I didn't know that, thanks.

I've never had anything cerakoted, so I have no experience with things coming back out of spec. I thought I remember reading about a member here that had his MWS cerakoted, and was experiencing problems after getting the rifle back.

Now I don't remember if the issue was traced back to the cerakoting, or if it was something else that went wrong. I'll try to look back to see if I can find the posts. They may have even been in this thread.

Anyway that was the one instance I've heard mention of cerakote possibly causing issues. There was a guy locally that ran into problems with a cerakoted Glock, but I won't even get into that as he went to some local "bubba" to get it done.
    Except quality companies like lmt and KAC spray their guns while assembled so that the interior specs are not altered in any way. I had a factory FDE mws and the inside was still black anodize

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    See, if magpul was smart (wink wink) they'd license out their FDE to krylon.

Granted it's not cerakote but for the rattle can crowd mmmmm

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Humbrol 29.... a very close second.

Used it on a few scratches in the past.... just don't tell my brother lol.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I wanted the factory FDE MWS. But couldn't wait the 6+ months. So just gave the cerakote a go. Turned out ok. Doesn't match the magpul FDE, so went with Black accents. Pappabear, if you want to ditch that Tan SOPMOD that came with yours, shoot me a PM
    LMT SOPMOD is my favorite stock. I did however lose mine to my son's Sionics build.

I really like the black accents. I even like how with the SCAR guns, sometimes the pieces are a variety of FDE and greenish and FDE ish colors.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm hoping one of you guys could help me find the minimum inner diameter of the end of the handguard on the slick upper. I've sold off my mws years ago and I'm looking at rebuilding one.

Basically, I want to know if a KX3 will fit inside the handguard. Its 1.35" OD. Going for a barrel cut to 13.0" with a pinned KX3, making a total of 16.28".
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post
    I'm hoping one of you guys could help me find the minimum inner diameter of the end of the handguard on the slick upper. I've sold off my mws years ago and I'm looking at rebuilding one.

Basically, I want to know if a KX3 will fit inside the handguard. Its 1.35" OD. Going for a barrel cut to 13.0" with a pinned KX3, making a total of 16.28".
    1.45 inches is what I just measured on my MWS. Dont have a barrel in it right now so was easy to mic it up. Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post

You also cant cut that barrel to 13.0 and make it 16.28. Doesn't work like that. A 13.0 barrel and a 3.28 MD will give you 15.605 give or take. You need to subtract the muzzle threads from the total OAL as I just did in that 15" number. You just need the factory 13.5 barrel to make it work, and would end up in the 16.1 inch range with a 13.5 barrel.

Also, your MD wont even be inside the hand guard at that barrel length. It will be completely out. Just FYI.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-29-17 at 09:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You also cant cut that barrel to 13.0 and make it 16.28. Doesn't work like that. A 13.0 barrel and a 3.28 MD will give you 15.605 give or take. You need to subtract the muzzle threads from the total OAL as I just did in that 15" number. You just need the factory 13.5 barrel to make it work, and would end up in the 16.1 inch range with a 13.5 barrel.

Also, your MD wont even be inside the hand guard at that barrel length. It will be completely out. Just FYI.
    Thanks for pointing out my flagrant oversight. A shame too, because I've had to be corrected on the same point before when putting together an AR pistol - sort of an "oh yeah" moment.

Makes that a non-issue.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Page 213 of 311 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast