Page 220 of 311 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    This sounds similar to the issues that I was having except I have a full length LMT 18" SS barrel using a SF 7.62 SOCOM mini. I didn't switch out any springs and ran the H3 buffer. Same ammo, same problems. My rifle shot fine unsuppressed. I will probably go the heavier buffer route for now. It seems that this problem only just started showing itself recently. When I first started using the SF SOCOM mini, I didn't have any problems at all. Curious.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    As we all know, the smallest of things make a big difference. I run my 16CL with AAC 762SDN and as expected it is overgassed. I've been impressed with my SIG cans in how they handle gas in 556. I have a 7.62 QD SIG can in jail. When it gets out, I'm going to run a side by side to see if the SIG can makes my MWS run better. I have two barrels and will do the quick change and try a few types of ammo. I just need to fast forward XX months.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    I purchased an 18" CL barrel and had it chopped to 16" and typically run it with a Specwar 762 and the SilencerCo ASR brake. The rifle is still noticeably overgassed when suppressed, even with the rifle-length gas system. I am running the stock H3 buffer and have gone back to the OEM buffer spring. I had some consistent issues while using FGMM 168 in this configuration and with the Sprinco Orange spring. I was getting frequent FTE and doubling (2 shots with 1, intentional, trigger pull). I have the Geissele SD-E trigger installed too. Without the can, she shot like a dream and had 0 issues through 340 rounds during a 3 day comp.

When I shoot surplus ammo with the silencer, I have had very, very few issues. I can only deduce, with help from others here, that the hotter load of the match round was speeding up the carrier and causing my problems.

When I shoot any load unsuppressed, and with the brake, it is very smooth and reliable.
    Thank you for the feedback! It will be interesting to see if my setup runs the same with the SF SOCOM Mini.
    I was looking to order a new spring from LMT but couldn't locate it by itself on their webstore. Do you happen to have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    As we all know, the smallest of things make a big difference. I run my 16CL with AAC 762SDN and as expected it is overgassed. I've been impressed with my SIG cans in how they handle gas in 556. I have a 7.62 QD SIG can in jail. When it gets out, I'm going to run a side by side to see if the SIG can makes my MWS run better. I have two barrels and will do the quick change and try a few types of ammo. I just need to fast forward XX months.
    Look forward to seeing the results. May the wait be quick and painless!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Double tap.
    Last edited by bnanaphone; 10-03-17 at 08:52.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    I was looking to order a new spring from LMT but couldn't locate it by itself on their webstore. Do you happen to have a link?
    I don't have a link since I didn't order a replacement, I just took the original spring from my parts bin and put it back in the gun. Now that I think of it, that original spring has had about 3K rounds on it so I may want to consider its replacement.

I tried looking at LMT's site but there are no pictures up so figuring out what to order is a bit tricky at the moment. When or if I find a link to the right part, I will let you know.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    I tried looking at LMT's site but there are no pictures up so figuring out what to order is a bit tricky at the moment.
    Ugh understatement of the week!!

The only thing I can find is the entire DMR kit for $460....and that's far more than I need lol
    Guess I should just call them.

Edit to add:
    I did call. The OEM spring that comes with the MWS is part LM308A9. In stock, $5 and $15 flat rate shipping.
    Last edited by bleaman225; 10-03-17 at 14:11. Reason: add moar info

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't you just love their shipping rate. I wanted to buy a cam pin. I can't stomach paying $15 shipping for a $5 part.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Time to update this thread with some life...

Unmodified, 16". Zero issues without/with Omega suppressor, but does require extra cleaning.

Notice the difference in brass.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    6.5CM barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF?Shane View Post
    6.5CM barrel.

Well done, another member changed his over to 6.5 and is delighted. How does the 6.5 shoot for you ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 220 of 311 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270 ... LastLast