Page 225 of 311 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As for the scar....

Well, it's not really any lighter than the mloc in its current configuration.

I like that it folds for transportation but the law tactical makes that a possibility with AR's.

Both are great combat rifles with over a decade of hard use behind them, both guns generally finish at the top defense testing.

I would feel comfortable taking either rifle if I had to grab one and go. If I had to choose one, it would be the lmt.

Just such a natural feeling weapon to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep, trijicon 1-8 in Leopold mk4 rings. They were a little high for the mk6 since its mostly shot from the prone. Seem to work great for the trijicon

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    As for the scar....

Well, it's not really any lighter than the mloc in its current configuration.

I like that it folds for transportation but the law tactical makes that a possibility with AR's.

Both are great combat rifles with over a decade of hard use behind them, both guns generally finish at the top defense testing.

I would feel comfortable taking either rifle if I had to grab one and go. If I had to choose one, it would be the lmt.

Just such a natural feeling weapon to me.
    Thanks. I've always lusted over the Scar, but as you said the law tactical gives you a lot of the same versatility.

20160124_152615.jpg
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    I purchased an 18" CL barrel and had it chopped to 16" and typically run it with a Specwar 762 and the SilencerCo ASR brake. The rifle is still noticeably overgassed when suppressed, even with the rifle-length gas system. I am running the stock H3 buffer and have gone back to the OEM buffer spring. I had some consistent issues while using FGMM 168 in this configuration and with the Sprinco Orange spring. I was getting frequent FTE and doubling (2 shots with 1, intentional, trigger pull). I have the Geissele SD-E trigger installed too. Without the can, she shot like a dream and had 0 issues through 340 rounds during a 3 day comp.

When I shoot surplus ammo with the silencer, I have had very, very few issues. I can only deduce, with help from others here, that the hotter load of the match round was speeding up the carrier and causing my problems.

When I shoot any load unsuppressed, and with the brake, it is very smooth and reliable.
    I know it's been a while since I've posted in this thread, so I had to go through and get caught up on what's been happening in the world of MWS ownership. Coming across this post I can say that I've had the exact same experience earlier this year when I began experiencing blown primers and was experimenting with different solutions to try and correct it. It all started when I had my 20" CL chopped to 16" (ball milled as well) and running a Saker 7.62 w/ a Geissele DMR trigger installed. The rifle was already running an H3 with Sprinco Orange spring. Shoots fine unsuppressed, but was experiencing 2 shot burst on one trigger pull and all the telltale signs of being overgassed when shooting with the can. I haven't really messed with the rifle all that much since I've been too busy with work and travel this past summer, but will look at potentially trying out a Red spring and continue tweaking the ADIGS I currently have installed on the carrier. Currently running M118LR. Another option I've considered is having the factory gas block pressed off and installing an aftermarket adjustable gas block. I currently have a Superlative AGB that I'm hesitant to have installed only because I want to exhaust all other efforts before going that route. And yes, it can be done on a factory MWS barrel. A guy with whom I associate with on a gun group consulted with LMT a while back and they recommended the adjustable gas block solution and he's apparently had good luck with it. What you lose in aesthetics by replacing the factory GB you gain in performance. He's volunteered to help me out if I choose to go that route, but I'm not quite there yet. I would just prefer to leave the factory GB in place and see if I can't find another work around. I'll post an update once I've figured it all out.

ETA: FWIW I've only made one or two attempts with very limited time available to really hone in on the problem, but I hope to pay a bit more attention to it since I've got some good down time coming up and I'll be able to experiment in a more controlled environment at my local indoor range which has 100 yard lanes. More to follow.

ETA2: Strike through that statement about the Red and Orange Sprinco spring. It's the other way around.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-26-18 at 17:45. Reason: ETA2
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Boba,

You have a very nice setup, have you tried gemtechs suppressed carrier, I think I recall a member here have luck with it and a no bolt in a mws.

Outside of aesthetics is there any reason you are married to a 16 inch rifle has system? Considering the modular nature of the mws, I would have Krieger or bartlein spin you a 16 inch cut rifled barrel with match chamber, with great crown and threads.

Maybe even get it in 6.5, have it turned for you load, that would be incredible fun to shoot.

While I would say that my rifle runs a little hard with my can, a gemtech gmt-300wm in all my factory barrels they are reliable.

The only issue I had was when I experimented with jp's scs. Ended up getting double feeds as a result of bolt speed being to fast

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    >having the factory gas block pressed off and installing an aftermarket adjustable gas block.

Take a look at this setup by Barry Dueck (former Marine, owner of Dueck Defense Inc, champion competitive shooter and VP of Suppressors and Weapons at SureFire LLC.)

Does it look like they drilled the original one?
    2.jpg1.jpg

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Where are the MLOKs available?

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CT45 View Post
    Does it look like they drilled the original one?
    That is so crazy, I am just starting to draw up some ideas on drilling and porting the factory gas block while still installed on the barrel. It does look like that is what’s going on with Barry’s rifle. Good to know as I was fairly certain it could be done, this encourages that idea!!! Good eyes dude.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    That is so crazy, I am just starting to draw up some ideas on drilling and porting the factory gas block while still installed on the barrel. It does look like that is what’s going on with Barry’s rifle. Good to know as I was fairly certain it could be done, this encourages that idea!!! Good eyes dude.
    Please share the details when ready!

...also check out the 4th post here, there are some insights:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Ne...S/121-607046/?
    Last edited by CT45; 11-30-17 at 07:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Page 225 of 311 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275 ... LastLast