Page 113 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    I agree. I and I think Steyrman were only speaking of aesthetics. I know I was. It's not a work gun and I soley shoot this gun from prone.

I think the area where the LM8's fat barrel extension area transforms into that skinny forearm looks kinda funky. Although they have been growing on me lately. Especially when outfitted with those rubber panels. I love the look of other smooth forearmed AR's that don't have that extension area.

But yeah, the LM8 definately makes (a little) more sense functionally.

I know astectics don't matter but people take pride in their guns and if people are honest with theirselves I'm sure most have astetic mods. Ex: anyone that installs a diff trigger guard on their AR has done an astetic mod.
    I know you first mentioned NOT a work gun, but I would disagree that the LM8 is more desirable based on functionality.

I use my quad rails often, as teammates sharing gear is hardly uncommon and mission dictates. The weight is hardly an issue and comes out pretty damn close to my M4 with the accessories needed attached.
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
    I know you first mentioned NOT a work gun, but I would disagree that the LM8 is more desirable based on functionality.

I use my quad rails often, as teammates sharing gear is hardly uncommon and mission dictates. The weight is hardly an issue and comes out pretty damn close to my M4 with the accessories needed attached.

That's a good point. It would be a pain in the ass to always need to quickly attach or take off a rail section to accomadate gear in a situation like yours.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Perhaps LEI can weigh in about whether or not the UK MoD is going to procure some LM8 models within their ever expanding order for the L129A1. The British have really proven how exceptional the full railed MWS is through the last several years of flawless reliability, and accuracy in combat. Not sure if the LM8 will get the same chance. From an engineering, and design standpoint imho, the full rail MWS chassis is going to be stronger in terms of both the entire chassis, as well as mounting kit onto the actual rifle.

It stands to reason that the more robust (materials) full rail MWS yields at least slight increases in strength, and perhaps a bit more rigidity. The full rail MWS should also have slightly better heat dissipation. The biggest area in which the full rail MWS chassis wins in my eyes is definitely the modular acc. rail attachment design. One uses the world's most bombproof, time tested M1913 pic rail....while the other uses a rather half-assed modular acc. rail attachment design that features screw in inserts that screw directly into the aluminum of the chassis itself, rather than the correct way in my view which uses steel inserts inside the chassis or rail that potentially saves many headaches. When Geissele, and Remington designed a rail for the most hard uses..it's not a coincidence they both ended up going the extra mile and using steel inserts.

The full rail MWS chassis is perfect in design and execution....it's just not the shiny new bike on the block like the LM8 is.

The LM8 when kitted out right, has sex appeal, and sleekness that puts it into the category w/ rifles like the KAC PDW

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Here's my contribution. Nothing particularly exceptional about it except it's mine. I really like the rifle. No reliability issues and the accuracy improved greatly after a couple hundred rounds. Now down to consistent MOA groups with good ammo.

My LMT LM8 "Slick" Specs:

LMT FDE OEM set-up out of the box.
    Trijicon TA11H-308(red) Optic w/ BOBRO Mount
    CMC 4.5# Trigger
    BCM GF 7.62x51 Charging Handle
    MBUS
    Soon to have a B&T Atlas bipod

Last edited by arptsprt; 10-22-14 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice set-up pomyc!

I had no idea that the screws contacted directly with the aluminum (instead of steel inserts) on the LM8. Hmmm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    That's a good point. It would be a pain in the ass to always need to quickly attach or take off a rail section to accomadate gear in a situation like yours.
    But Slick looks soo much better, lol.

Edit: apologies for crappy cell photo and poorly aligned rifles.

Common specs between them :

Geissele SD-E triggers
    Magpul ACS
    Magpul Miad
    Raptor Charging handles
    XH buffers
    KAC 600m rear buis
    Magpul front buis

Not in picture: Suppressors, SAPR cheek pieces, ELR scopes, 6.5 creedmoor barrels, lights.

Things to come: PAINT, Vortex 4.5-27 razor HD II, 13.5" pinned barrel (for shits and giggles), Armegeddon tactical charging handle.
    Last edited by domestique; 10-22-14 at 14:45.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I am going to have to vote for the full railed model too. The LM8s do look nice, but I just have no interest in one.

I think my next change will be a 20" barrel cut to 16" and then I will be finished with the modifications. Overall, I am extremely happy with this rifle and its capabilities.

Yes, I am biased.
    Last edited by bnanaphone; 10-22-14 at 15:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They're all freaking sweet rifles. Wow! And I'm jealous of all of you that have suppressors. Everytime I have the extra cash to get one I end up not wanting to go through the wait. I would have had a few in my hands by now.

My SBR took 8 months.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Dirtyboy,

I highly recommend getting a silencer, not just because the MWS looks "complete" with a can on the end, to enjoy shooting even more. I still just wear foam earplugs when shooting this beast but it is so pleasant and I don't jack up my cheek weld with muffs. What is even better is I can be standing 10' behind someone shooting the gun and don't even need plugs. It is like a whole new world.

I was lucky enough to wait 12 months for my silencer (3 months in Form 3 purgatory sucks), but it was well worth it!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    Dirtyboy,

I highly recommend getting a silencer, not just because the MWS looks "complete" with a can on the end, to enjoy shooting even more. I still just wear foam earplugs when shooting this beast but it is so pleasant and I don't jack up my cheek weld with muffs. What is even better is I can be standing 10' behind someone shooting the gun and don't even need plugs. It is like a whole new world.

I was lucky enough to wait 12 months for my silencer (3 months in Form 3 purgatory sucks), but it was well worth it!

That does sound like a good time! And it definitely adds the finishing touch to the MWS. When you just wrote your message, I was researching .260 barrels from different companies to have converted by Pitts or DMBG. The money I'll have wrapped up in this barrel could go towards a suppressor instead. Ahhh tough decision. I've been wanting a bug-hole shooting, custom .260 barrel for a while but I'm definitely on the fence.

Page 113 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast