Page 226 of 311 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Quick question for those of you whom are having problems shooting suppressed......
    Do you have the new style BCG or the old style BCG? I have the old style BCG with the port further back towards the firing pin retaining pin. Just wondering if the new style BCG was having problems as well. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Zeroing weapons a few weeks back for a range day with a customer group. Shot very well with the RUAG M80 ball.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Waiting on my MWS MLOK and MARS-H.....

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    Boba,

You have a very nice setup, have you tried gemtechs suppressed carrier, I think I recall a member here have luck with it and a no bolt in a mws.

Outside of aesthetics is there any reason you are married to a 16 inch rifle has system? Considering the modular nature of the mws, I would have Krieger or bartlein spin you a 16 inch cut rifled barrel with match chamber, with great crown and threads.

Maybe even get it in 6.5, have it turned for you load, that would be incredible fun to shoot.

While I would say that my rifle runs a little hard with my can, a gemtech gmt-300wm in all my factory barrels they are reliable.

The only issue I had was when I experimented with jp's scs. Ended up getting double feeds as a result of bolt speed being to fast
    I have considered running an adjustable carrier as well, but as I've said I'm going to attempt to make it work with what I've got on hand first. Going for the lowest cost solution and will work my up from there. To answer your question regarding the custom rifle length 16" barrel configuration, my pursuit was borne out of the idea of wanting to achieve a shorter barrel profile while retaining the benefits of a smoother shooting rifle length system. Am I opposed to other third party barrel options and/or calibers? No. But I do want get it right with shooting M118LR, which will be the primary role of this rifle. I've also invested a lot time and a significant chunk of change of having this barrel ball-milled and cut down to my specifications, so I'd like to see some return on that investment.

During my last range outing a couple weeks ago I ran the rifle suppressed without any hiccups with the tweak adjustments I made to the ADIGS. Nevertheless, it was still a little over-gassed as evidenced by a consistent 1 o'clock ejection pattern I observed. It was a range session dedicated to introducing my oldest daughter to shooting, and I had very limited time to experiment with the MWS. Being satisfied to at least have tuned the gas to a point I was no longer experiencing malfunctions, I just packed it in and called it a day. In my last post I incorrectly stated that I had a Orange spring installed and was going to experiment running a Red. I actually meant it the other way around. I have replaced the Red with the Orange spring, which according to Sprinco, is ideal for over-gassed suppressed rifles. My plan is to take her out this weekend and see if I can't tweak it further. Wish me luck.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-26-18 at 17:47. Reason: ETA
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Quick question for those of you whom are having problems shooting suppressed......
    Do you have the new style BCG or the old style BCG? I have the old style BCG with the port further back towards the firing pin retaining pin. Just wondering if the new style BCG was having problems as well. Thanks.
    Not sure what the difference is between the old and new style carrier is, but I can post photos of it when I get back to the house later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Zeroing weapons a few weeks back for a range day with a customer group. Shot very well with the RUAG M80 ball.

Very nice. Would love to get a better look at the other two setups you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by shalazaar View Post

Is that KAC bipod factory FDE anodized?
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-26-18 at 17:35.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Is that KAC bipod factory FDE anodized?
    No. It was done by the same company that did the Platform. The KAC doesn't typically reside there but for the shooting I was doing that day it did. BTW, your setup is truly a work of art. Very impressive. Good luck with the tweaking.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shalazaar View Post

Where are you getting the MARS-H lower from?

Also, what exactly is new on the MARS-H lower vs the older MWS lowers? Aside from the roll mark. Do they have all the same features as the MARS-L lowers?

I saw pictures of the MARS-H, but have not seen any additional info on it. Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So is lmt doing lowers now? Could use one for my original chassis and spare barrels.

Really only need a lower and bcg and I have a 2nd mws.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Where are you getting the MARS-H lower from?

Also, what exactly is new on the MARS-H lower vs the older MWS lowers? Aside from the roll mark. Do they have all the same features as the MARS-L lowers?
    MARS-H will be just like the MARS-L, fully ambidextrous. I will be getting mine through LMT but they haven't stated exactly when they'll be available. From my understanding, the MLOK uppers will be the first things to roll out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The MLOC's Mws uppers are availible

Page 226 of 311 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276 ... LastLast