Page 110 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In the right hands, the MWS is an amazing rifle as evidenced by the measured group below.

Make a slight tweak in your game, and you've got a sub MOA 600yd laser

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The gun makes the shooter look good. What blew me away is I was not shooting for accuracy. Basically trying to pull the trigger again before I heard the bullet on steel report. Next time I am going to try for a group. Sub Moa at 600 would be awesome.

Best group I shot was at 300.

Feedback Score

Angry

Range report on Magpul GenM3 20rnd magazine - LMT MWS:

• Bolt is almost failing to strip rounds when the magazine is full. Rounds are clearly under a lot of tension and slide into battery very slowly. Feed does get progressively easier as rounds are stripped off and feeds fine when at 10 rnds or less.

I'm in a mind to chuck these and stick with the GenM2s.

Any thoughts on a cause/remedy?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I had that issue every now and then, however since switchin to rifle extension/ XP spring bolt closes with authority. No more partially closed bolts for me.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Have you tried Lancer's new 7.62 20rd magazine?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    I had that issue every now and then, however since switchin to rifle extension/ XP spring bolt closes with authority. No more partially closed bolts for me.
    Thanks. A rifle spring sounds like a viable solution. I'll email Clint at HeavyBuffers - he may be able to advise.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Have you tried Lancer's new 7.62 20rd magazine?
    I'd love to.... but wow... the price....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoptes View Post
    Range report on Magpul GenM3 20rnd magazine - LMT MWS:

• Bolt is almost failing to strip rounds when the magazine is full. Rounds are clearly under a lot of tension and slide into battery very slowly. Feed does get progressively easier as rounds are stripped off and feeds fine when at 10 rnds or less.

I'm in a mind to chuck these and stick with the GenM2s.

Any thoughts on a cause/remedy?

I had similar problems with gen 3 pmags in my LM8. After owning 2 gen 2 railed MWSs and running previous gen PMAGs, I figured the issue was either the new gen pmags or the LM8. I contacted gene from LMT and after explaining the malfunctions and round count of the rifle, he asked me to send my MWS to them to check it out. I got no explanation of what was done to the rifle but I am pretty certain that they replaced my bolt carrier and barrel. The new carrier is not a smoothly machined as my original one which I though was strange and the original barrel had a scratch near the muzzle on the exterior which was not there when the rifle was returned to me 2 weeks later. I haven't had a chance to run the rifle again but I do have confidence in LMTs customer service and I will be testing it soon. I am in the "trust but verify" mode right now. The only response I got from Gene was "it's fixed". That being said, Gene and another woman I spoke with were quite friendly and helpful.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

Something occurred to me; I had never ran the Gen2s at full capacity - always loaded 10 max. So, I ran some through and, low and behold; pretty much the same symptoms. Clint's sending a rifle length spring, so I'll see how that goes.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    my guess is you will see an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoptes View Post
    Thanks.

Something occurred to me; I had never ran the Gen2s at full capacity - always loaded 10 max. So, I ran some through and, low and behold; pretty much the same symptoms. Clint's sending a rifle length spring, so I'll see how that goes.

Page 110 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast