Page 117 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Here's the current state of mine:

I just started shooting some Prvi 168gr. Does anyone have the muzzle velocity of that stuff out of a 16" barrel?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If my notes are correct, it was around 2,386 with a 20 feet/second deviation. This is at less then 500 feet in elevation and in a 60-70 degree day.

I was pretty surprised how slow it was moving. It shot around 1.5 MOA for me... it would be ok for plinking steel or 3-gun comp. I'm actually thinking about pulling the bullets, dumping the powder and re - measuring the load.

The problem with their load is 4 out of 5 shots would be within 8-15 fps, and then you get one that's 50 fps faster.
    Last edited by domestique; 10-29-14 at 15:10.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Arashi View Post
    Does yours slip into the bolt head as easily as the old version, or does it require some finagling?

It seems like the teeth on the wrench are maybe a tad wider, or perhaps it's just the extra finish over the metal, but mine takes a good bit of pushing/pulling and leveraging to get it fully seated inside the bolt head, as well as to remove it.
    Mine was an easy fit. When I ordered it I also requested additional bolts and they included a couple. Just in case I get to heavy handed.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    If my notes are correct, it was around 2,386 with a 20 feet/second deviation.

I was pretty surprised how slow it was moving. It shot around 1.5 MOA for me... it would be ok for plinking steel or 3-gun comp. I'm actually thinking about pulling the bullets, dumping the powder and re - measuring the load.

This is at less then 500 feet in elevation and in a 60-70 degree day.
    That's about what mine was shooting yesterday, when the barrel was cool. After a couple mags, it started opening up. Still a huge improvement over the British surplus 7.62 I was shooting before.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Th dide Rat View Post
    That's about what mine was shooting yesterday, when the barrel was cool. After a couple mags, it started opening up. Still a huge improvement over the British surplus 7.62 I was shooting before.
    Radway Green didn't shoot well for me either (3-3.5moa), neither did winchester Nato (2.5-3 moa). I haven't tried my German DAG yet.

All other factory match ammo (Federal, Hornady) have all shot 1.1-1.5" moa. Some hand loads have shown some promise but I only have 137 rounds down the barrel, so I'm not sweating the accuracy woes yet. I plan on doing an OCW workup with the handloads.

I have a stainless 6.5CM barrel I hope to shoot on Saturday. If I can get sub moa out of that barrel, and only 1.5" out of the 16" CL then I'll be happy.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Arashi View Post
    For anyone interested in the new LMT LTW torque wrench, I ordered one and received it yesterday. I also spoke with Gene about the specifics.

It's built completely in-house, and is set at 140 inch pounds and has a signed/dated factory calibration sticker on it. It does not need to be recalibrated and should outlast anyone that owns one through repeated use while staying within spec.

The arm swivels 360° and cannot be removed from the main body/housing. Orientation of the lever has no effect on the applied torque, so it can be used/leveraged as preferred.

The T30 head does not slip into the bolt face as easily as the old factory supplied torque wrench does, and actually requires a bit of wiggling/pushing in order to get it seated as deeply as the old version. There is no slipping or movement whatsoever once it's seated.

It 'breaks' very suddenly and there's no mistaking when you've hit the required torque. It gives way with a very loud audible snap (as in you'll think you've snapped the bolt!) and all the tension releases without adding any extra torque to the bolt after you've passed the 'break' point.

I know its brand new, but maybe a Mod 2 would be nice if it had a torx head on the other end that is stationary that you can use to break the bolts loose rather than having to carry a second torx wrench, as I have always been told to never use a torque wrench to break bolts loose.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My rifle came with the new torque wrench and a separate socket to use with a wrench to loosen the bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    I know its brand new, but maybe a Mod 2 would be nice if it had a torx head on the other end that is stationary that you can use to break the bolts loose rather than having to carry a second torx wrench, as I have always been told to never use a torque wrench to break bolts loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    Does anybody here have experience shooting a rifle-length 16" MWS with or without a silencer? I have seen a couple pictures but never heard any feedback on reliability in either situation.

I currently have the stock 16" CL barrel, a Silencerco 3-chamber brake mount and Sprinco Orange spring. Right now, the recoil is very tame without the can and muzzle rise is nonexistent. The gun cycles fine and I have had nothing but great reliability. My debate is to keep it how it is or go all in with the rifle-length 16 barrel.

Any real world experience is appreciated.
    Rifle length 16" is fine (although mine is 17" due to surefire over the barrel mount). Surefire 762SS suppressor. It's been 100%. I run the orange spring.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    Rifle length 16" is fine (although mine is 17" due to surefire over the barrel mount). Surefire 762SS suppressor. It's been 100%. I run the orange spring.
    Are you using the stock H3 buffer?

If you were going to do it all over again, would you?

Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    Are you using the stock H3 buffer?

If you were going to do it all over again, would you?

Thanks for the info.
    1. Yes, for all the rounds run thru the 16ish" barrel w rifle length gas system although I just did the mod that e-man discussed in swapping in a vltor A5H4 tungsten weight with spring built it. However, that is not nearly as important as the gas system if you are looking to smooth things out.

2. Absolutely. Without this mod I would have saved my pennies and picked up a KAC ECC but with this mod I Consider it a poor man's ECC which is good enough for me.

In fact, last week I picked up a new CL 16.25" (already cut from 20" and dimpled by Marvin Pitts) last week for my nephew (should arrive on Monday). Lucky enough to find one already completed.

We took his new LM8 (stock 16" CL) out last weekend and after about 40 rounds he noted that his rifle bucked a lot more than mine. We swapped out lowers to see how much that would help. While he really liked the geissele SD-E trigger over LMT trigger, the most significant difference is the rifle length gas system. We'll use a KAC 762 QDC CQB on his LM8 until his SF 762 SOCOM clears and I'm sure there won't be any problems with Suppressors. I've never had any problems with LMT MWS.

Pic thread:

Last edited by hjmpanzr; 11-01-14 at 10:39.

Page 117 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast