Page 119 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just picked up the .260 barrel this afternoon. Cleaned it and put 5 rounds through her at 25 yards to check function. I'm pretty excited about it.

This is my 3rd barrel and caliber now. Love this gun!

And I finally got a 5 round mag for it so I can take it hunting.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tower View Post
    Just picked up the .260 barrel this afternoon. Cleaned it and put 5 rounds through her at 25 yards to check function. I'm pretty excited about it.

Which 5 round mag did you get? I'm jealous.... PA doesn't allow semiautomatic weapons for anything other then turkey, and small game.

I did kill a 300 pound hog in Tennessee last month with my LM8.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tower View Post

Hey High Tower,

Looking at either the 260 or the 6.5cm. LMT's 260 barrel looks like it only comes in 1-9 twist. Any of those first few rounds happen to be 140grn? I've read 140's won't stabilize in the 1-9 hence I'm leaning towards the 6.5cm which comes in 1-8. Any advice?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoolhand5 View Post
    Hey High Tower,

Looking at either the 260 or the 6.5cm. LMT's 260 barrel looks like it only comes in 1-9 twist. Any of those first few rounds happen to be 140grn? I've read 140's won't stabilize in the 1-9 hence I'm leaning towards the 6.5cm which comes in 1-8. Any advice?
    6.5CM was developed to run in semiautomatic platforms. The shoulder and neck angles help with feeding. There really isn't any reason to go 260 rem unless you already reload for other weapons (bolt guns etc. ).

The fact the 6.5cm comes in 1/8 twist makes it a no brainer if you want to shoot 137+ grain bullets.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    That seems excessive. I would double check the mount is mounted properly.

My Surefire SOCOM762-RC had a 1-3" shift (depends on ammo), and my other one has 4" shift with an AAC Cyclone. Both LM8 rifles with 16" CL barrels.

Edit: the crush washer was removed, and the mount properly torqued and rocksetted?
    Dom,

Good call.. looks like crush washer was the cuplrit. I removed the barrel assembly and held it up to look down the bore. With my can attached I could see it was misaligned. I'm thankful I did not have a baffle strike. Stripped the crush washer and reinstalled just shims to time the brake-out muzzle directly on the barrel. Won't be able to verify 100% till I get to the range, but I don't see the misalignment anymore. Never saw a crush washer effect performance like that before.

Thanks,

Jcool

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Dom,

Good call.. looks like crush washer was the cuplrit. I removed the barrel assembly and held it up to look down the bore. With my can attached I could see it was misaligned. I'm thankful I did not have a baffle strike. Stripped the crush washer and reinstalled just shims to time the brake-out muzzle directly on the barrel. Won't be able to verify 100% till I get to the range, but I don't see the misalignment anymore. Never saw a crush washer effect performance like that before.

Thanks,

Jcool
    Which Brakeout do you have? If it is the 2.0 you do not need to time it at all. At least that is what AAC says. I replaced the standard A2 with the Brakeout 2.0 and spoke with AAC just to be sure. They said no timing was needed and they purposely designed the 2.0 that way.
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 11-05-14 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    brakeout.jpg

Older one, I hear the newer brakes are much better. I had to do the mod to get rid of the AAC wobble. Had minimal POI shift after that which is why this experience really threw me for a loop.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ok. I was tempted to go with the older version also because of the cost difference. I ended up getting the newer version more out of expediency and ease of installation than any other reason. What really surprised me was that I was able to remover the A2 muzzle device very very easily. I used a regular 3/4" wrench and it didn't take a bit of pressure. It was just a bit tighter than hand tight. The new device is torqued down and rocksetted properly now though.
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 11-05-14 at 14:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Which 5 round mag did you get? I'm jealous.... PA doesn't allow semiautomatic weapons for anything other then turkey, and small game.

I did kill a 300 pound hog in Tennessee last month with my LM8.
    It was a ASC mag. That's a bummer on the auto's and a rule I've never quite understood. But we have enough of those here too.

Hey High Tower,

No I bought 120's. I'm not entirely sure why they did the 1:9 twist but I'll figure to work around it. I got it manly for hunting so I'm not too concerned about the 140 grainers. The big factor to consider is if you are going to reload. 260 ammo is a lot more available in my neck of the woods.

My 6.5x284 Blaser is 1:8.7 or something weird like that. So I plan on having some fun with reloads next year with both just to see how big a deal it is. I've read various opinions on the twist rate, etc.

Either way you go you can't go wrong as I think they are both excellent cartridges. Just factor in how you plan on feeding it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

How do the 6.5CM factory barrels shoot? pretty good!

Sorry for the delay. For anyone interested in the 6.5 creedmoor barrels:

Here are some targets from a factory LMT 20" stainless 6.5 creedmoor barrel. We are still working up a load and was doing an optimal charge weight workup, so that's why the groups are only 3 shots.

The load: H4350, CCI primers, Sierra 142 gr. SMK.
    Rifle: LMT LM8MWS, 20" factory stainless, AAC Cyclone, Sightron SIII.

The good: all loads were under an inch. With a BRAND NEW barrel.

The bad: the velocity was too low (around 2,520 fps with the 40.6). I really want to get to 2,650 to keep everything supersonic out to 1,300 yards. There were no pressure signs yet, and everything fed and ejected perfectly.

Targets: these are shots 6-14 ever shot out of the barrel. First 1-5 were sighters.

Last edited by domestique; 11-08-14 at 12:32.

Page 119 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast