Page 124 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by szuppo View Post
    I purchased an MWS a few months ago and am finally getting it set up the way I want it.

Additions:

Battlecomp
    Geissele Trigger
    Atlas Bi-pod
    LMT DMR stock
    Leupold 4.5-14x LR/T in a Larue Mount

I ordered from Heavybuffers and am hoping I got the correct buffer/spring combo? I ordered the XH carbine buffer with the RIFLE spring. Should I have gotten the Wolf XP Rifle buffer spring or standard like I ordered?
    How you like the DMR stock? I've looked at getting one but the price is hard to swallow. I took a long range course and had trouble getting a consistent cheek weld. Ended up going to walmart and building it up with felt, gorilla tape, and a silicon mat from walmart. Worked well except it interfered with the charging handle unless the stock was extended all the way.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by asolo View Post
    How you like the DMR stock? I've looked at getting one but the price is hard to swallow. I took a long range course and had trouble getting a consistent cheek weld. Ended up going to walmart and building it up with felt, gorilla tape, and a silicon mat from walmart. Worked well except it interfered with the charging handle unless the stock was extended all the way.
    DSG has the SAPR stock piece on sale for 99 dollars the last couple months. That's the route I went.
    Last edited by domestique; 01-21-15 at 21:10.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by asolo View Post
    Is the optic too high up for you? Have you tried lower rings? I have to run lower rings on my .308 ARs.

Feedback Score
    I don't care for the DMR stock I just received. The cheek piece is too damn small. Why they did that makes no sense to me. No issues with scope height. I'll most likely be selling it and sticking with the SOPMOD Stock.
    Last edited by szuppo; 01-22-15 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Man the dilemma. Ok so I got off the phone with one of the two people still in the office at LMT. I was going to order an 18 inch barrel to have it sent to Marvin for a chop and ball mill. I asked them however about the new barrel listed in the article. She confirmed it was redesigned. However she didn't know if it would be available for purchase or if it was for that particular MWS. Now I got to wait to hear back from a rep when shot show is over and possibly wait for availability and initial reports on performance. What to do. Or do I just order what's available and send it off to Marvin only to find out the new barrels are the best thing since oxygen was invented. But apparently they were redesigned. Go figure. I order an MWS and it gets redesigned ala slick side. Then redesigned again with barrel improvements. Seems like I'm always purchasing last years model.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    From the picture I'm sure the way the barrel mates up with the chasis hasn't changed. My hunch is its just a barrel change. Like the article says, aluminum barrel extension and lightened profile.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Are the gas ports for the 18" and 20" barrels different? Does anybody know their size? which would be better to have chopped to 16"?

Is it possible to use a different gas block on MWS barrels or does straight gas tube require the gas block to be taller?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Are the gas ports for the 18" and 20" barrels different? Does anybody know their size? which would be better to have chopped to 16"?

Is it possible to use a different gas block on MWS barrels or does straight gas tube require the gas block to be taller?
    You can't use another gas block as they are pressed using Thor's hammer..... and the port is drilled at a 45 degree angle.

I'm not sure if the port size is different (20 vs. 18) but a lot of people have bought the 18" and chopped it to 16" without issues.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Picked this up around May of Last year. Just getting around to getting some photos added. 16" Chrome Lined LM8 slick side.

100 yards with Federal XM80 These were rounds 36-40 through the rifle after I purchased it. Taken the day the scope was sighted in. Can't wait to run some Match ammo through it this year.

With her younger sister...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenB142 View Post
    Picked this up around May of Last year. Just getting around to getting some photos added. 16" Chrome Lined LM8 slick side.

100 yards with Federal XM80 These were rounds 36-40 through the rifle after I purchased it. Taken the day the scope was sighted in. Can't wait to run some Match ammo through it this year.

With her younger sister...

Very nice. I sadly sold my ECC to buy 2 LM8MWS.

Page 124 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast