Page 131 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Looks good. Is it just an aesthetic upgrade?
    Thanks. Yes, it just for looks. I suppose it is a little lighter than standard and being made of aluminum is more corrosion resistant over steel, but mainly the flat port door looks like it was made just for the slick side MWS

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The new LM8MWSLT 16" .308 S/A Light Weight Rifle Assembly. (Flat Dark Earth). MSRP is 200 USD more than the standard LM8MWS. Comes with folding BUIS rather than fixed. The specs on the page remain at 9.3 lbs. like the standard LM8MWS, so I wonder if that's just a typo.

That thing is gorgeous! FDE cerakote is the long term plan for the my slick side, almost makes me wish I had waited. Hopefully the barrels will be available separately and are as accurate as the standard chrome lined. Funny the weight is off, leave it to LMT 's marketing to goof the highlighted spec of a lightweight version of the slick side MWS.

Feedback Score
    Mine has been setup for pig hunting, so this was the final config.

Last edited by straitR; 04-19-15 at 19:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    That thing is gorgeous! FDE cerakote is the long term plan for the my slick side, almost makes me wish I had waited. Hopefully the barrels will be available separately and are as accurate as the standard chrome lined. Funny the weight is off, leave it to LMT 's marketing to goof the highlighted spec of a lightweight version of the slick side MWS.
    Talked to someone in LMT's sales department, so who knows how accurate it actually is (does sales ever really know the truth?), but they stated that the lightweight barrel is about three-quarters of a pound lighter, so just chopping that weight off of the 9.3 lbs. would work fine for a rough estimate of the weight, so that brings it down to roughly 8.5 lbs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Does anyone else have an MWS where the upper and lower are quite out of flush? I noticed thmpr posted about this back on page 74.

This is brand new/unfired. Couldn't care less about the aesthetics, and seems to hand cycle fine. The right side doesn't stick out like the left does, and it's definitely the upper. (Mated it to some other lowers.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Arashi View Post
    Does anyone else have an MWS where the upper and lower are quite out of flush? I noticed thmpr posted about this back on page 74.

This is brand new/unfired. Couldn't care less about the aesthetics, and seems to hand cycle fine. The right side doesn't stick out like the left does, and it's definitely the upper. (Mated it to some other lowers.)

mine fits like this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am the furthest thing there is from a metallurgist. I have never fathomed aluminum being used for the barrel extension. Do any other makers do this? LMT is no slouch, so I presume that they have tested this prior to releasing it. I am just surprised, that's all. I wonder if the durability will be affected in the long-term.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama Arashi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
    mine fits like this.
    Yup, mine too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I am the furthest thing there is from a metallurgist. I have never fathomed aluminum being used for the barrel extension. Do any other makers do this? LMT is no slouch, so I presume that they have tested this prior to releasing it. I am just surprised, that's all. I wonder if the durability will be affected in the long-term.
    The few custom/non factory lightweight barrels for these that I have seen had aluminum sleeves press fit over a basically normal looking barrel. Aluminum wasn't used for the BE or barrel, just an interface between the barrel and upper. I don't know for fact, but it would be reasonable to guess that LMT did it similarly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just received my lightweight 16" barrel, it is about 12 ounces less than the standard barrel. Definitely lighter profile, along with the material change at the receiver interface. Makes a pretty big difference.

Page 131 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast