Page 132 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedavegw View Post
    Just received my lightweight 16" barrel, it is about 12 ounces less than the standard barrel. Definitely lighter profile, along with the material change at the receiver interface. Makes a pretty big difference.
    Thanks for the update. I would love to see how the aluminum extension holds up to a heavy firing schedule..... or some overseas reports.

Calling Trident. Maybe his LMT connection has some intel. I can only imagine some of the SAS secret squirrel boys have tested the 13.5" setups.

I just recently bought a 18" S.S barrel and was planning on chopping my 16" chrome down to 14.5 pinned for a full time suppressed pig gun. But the idea of losing an additional 12 ounces is very tempting.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No pictures, but King Optics is running a sale right now. 30% off everything (but nightforce products).... they have some barrels, chassis and spare parts left.

I just picked up a 18" SS, MWS BCG, MWS parts kit, and a LM8MWS upper receiver.

Use code: SALE 2015.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up, I snagged the last 20" CL barrel. Just need to chop it so I can run a mid-gas 16" MWS. I have always wanted to do it and this sale pushed me over the edge. Will get pics up when it's done.
    Last edited by bnanaphone; 05-15-15 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    No pictures, but King Optics is running a sale right now. 30% off everything (but nightforce products).... they have some barrels, chassis and spare parts left.

I just picked up a 18" SS, MWS BCG, MWS parts kit, and a LM8MWS upper receiver.

Use code: SALE 2015.
    Oh man, my wallet hates you... OTOH I'll finally have that slick chassis I've been wanting (anyone want to buy my railed one?)!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    Oh man, my wallet hates you... OTOH I'll finally have that slick chassis I've been wanting (anyone want to buy my railed one?)!
    Congrats man! That is one hell of a deal. I started buying spare parts... but decided to build another rifle. With the parts I already had, the parts I just bought, and a MEGA ambi lower I should be able to do a LM8MWS (with Stainless 18" barrel) for around $1,800.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I started buying spare parts... but decided to build another rifle. With the parts I already had, the parts I just bought, and a MEGA ambi lower I should be able to do a LM8MWS (with Stainless 18" barrel) for around $1,800.
    Not going to lie, I was thinking the same thing since I have my original 16" CL barrel lying around... Could buy one of those cheap Matrix Aero AR-10A pattern lowers and slap the old chassis on it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    Not going to lie, I was thinking the same thing since I have my original 16" CL barrel lying around... Could buy one of those cheap Matrix Aero AR-10A pattern lowers and slap the old chassis on it.
    ETA: Disregard below. I thought you meant Aero Precision.

The problem is the LMT uses a slant (AR10/SR25) style rear. I think the only lower choices are LMT, KAC, Larue or MEGA.

The DPMS receivers all use a curved rear.

I found the MEGA AMBI for 280.00. I'll call Monday and see if they actually have them in stock.

Edit to add: those look pretty nice actually. I seems they make the Ruger 762 receiver. I don't have the need for a forward assist, but putting a venting plug would be nice for shooting suppressed. I plan on chopping a 16" CL down to 14.5" pinned and run a Saker 762 95% of the time.
    Last edited by domestique; 05-15-15 at 15:51. Reason: different manufacturer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Edit to add: those look pretty nice actually. I seems they make the Ruger 762 receiver. I don't have the need for a forward assist, but putting a venting plug would be nice for shooting suppressed. I plan on chopping a 16" CL down to 14.5" pinned and run a Saker 762 95% of the time.
    They do make the SR-762 receivers .

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    OK, seeking the collective experiences from all of the MWS users here. I just took possession of a 20" CL barrel thanks to the heads up from domestique. I am planning on having it chopped to 16" for a more reliable suppressed host and smoother-shooting rifle. For those of you whom have done this, would you say it's worth it?

My rifle is a gen 1 with 16" CL barrel, Orange buffer spring, H3 buffer and I run it 100% suppressed with a Specwar 762. My primary goal is reliability since I have had a few stuck cases and FTFs with the original barrel while suppressed. In all honesty, the recoil is not bad at all with the orange spring so not really needing to improve that.

Has anybody compared the standard 16" barrel to a chopped barrel with longer gas system? Would I be better off going with 17" or some other length? I don't need the 20" length since my long-range gun is an FN SPR with 24" barrel.

I appreciate the input.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Page 132 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast