Page 143 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    KAC reps have hinted at this possibility, but nothing confirmed. Of course knowing KAC these uppers are likely to run in the $3K range. More if we're talking integrally suppressed uppers.

Thanks, amigo. Really trying to decide on a good optic for her. I was set on the NF 4-16x ATACR at first, but the more time I have to think about it the more I'm tempted to try for a Leupy CQBSS. At least for one configuration. Maybe save the higher power optics for the 6.5 configuration down the road. First world problems and all.
    True. I love KAC..... but paying for their R&D sucks.

CQBSS.... very nice. I opted for the much cheaper SWFA 1-6X for my all around configuration. if you do go for a super expensive high magnification optic... I highly recommend the Badger Ordance 22 MOA riser if you plan to switch between bolt/AR. It allows you to use shorter height rings for bolt guns, and has enough height to still give you the 1.5" for ARs.... unless you have a chassis system bolt gun. Then you could just go 1.5" for both.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Thanks domestique. I hope KAC releases SR-25 uppers too, but honestly the more I think about it the more I feel that I would be content with the LM8 as is.

I'd still like an SR-25, but the lower receiver is banned here by name. The closest I can do is an MWS lower with SR-25 upper.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Any of you guys running DPMS steel mags in your MWS?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Any of you guys running DPMS steel mags in your MWS?
    I haven't. Just Gen 2 & 3 PMAGs. I want to try the Brownell metal, and the Israeli IMI plastic magazines. They are suppose to allow for a longer COAL.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    COAL?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    COAL?

Cartridge over all length. Some bullets (like Bergers) like to be loaded as close to the barrel rifling as possible. These Israeli mags give you a little extra length to seat the bullet.

If you shoot nothing but factory, it doesn't matter. But this really helps reloaders tune their loads.

http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Know...ning+COAL.html
    Last edited by domestique; 10-22-15 at 06:38.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    SWFA 3-15x42 Mil-Quad FFP + Bobro SLM, Atomic Match 175gr HPBT

Last week after sighting in @ 100 yards.

Went back out this week. I had to loosen the bolts to correct a very slight reticle tilt that I noticed on my first range trip. Removed and remounted the scope several times between range sessions and still achieved these groups. Bobro RTZ is exceptional.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 10-30-15 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I haven't. Just Gen 2 & 3 PMAGs. I want to try the Brownell metal, and the Israeli IMI plastic magazines. They are suppose to allow for a longer COAL.

Ended up picking up a few extra KAC mags for a good price. Interested in trying out that IMI magazine though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ended up picking up a few extra KAC mags for a good price. Interested in trying out that IMI magazine though.

KAC, and good price in the same sentence. That's funny.

Nice shooting. Is that a 20" CL or Stainless?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    KAC, and good price in the same sentence. That's funny.

Nice shooting. Is that a 20" CL or Stainless?
    Check out what TejasSD just recently scored: KAC SR25 Magazine Deal of Century

20" CL shooting off the bipod, and I'm very happy with it.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 10-31-15 at 10:39.

Page 143 of 311 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast