Page 151 of 311 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    I'll get you some info tonight when I get back home. I had a 18" SS barrel chopped to 16" and dimpled (behind gas block) by Marvin too. I also have the stock 16" CL barrel. The weight savings over the 16" CL was less than expected. I will say though that the barrel stacks the rounds on top of each other.

If you're planning on going with a 16" SS barrel, don't expect it to do that great at long range though. With 175gr FGMM my 16" SS barrel wasn't doing that great at 800yds and couldn't hit 900yds in 45F weather and ~300ft elevation.

Good info. Thanks for sharing.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Another crappy cell phone pic, but I ultimately decided to give the DMR stock a try even though I didn't want to even consider it at first. I absolutely love it. From a functional standpoint, it's one of the best things I could've done to this set-up. I might drop the XDS-2C bipod and pick up another Atlas to shave off a few ounces on the front end. The Saker will definitely add a bit more weight on an already front heavy rifle.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 02-03-16 at 16:27.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Thanks buddy. Love yours as well. Yeah I'd say stick with the setup and purpose you use it for as long as you are happy. I was trying to KACish mine as close as possible. Bought it new spring 2011 and it sat in the safe until Late winter early spring 2015 when I had all the work done. Was gonna sell it and couldn't bring myself to do it so I figured I'd dump a bunch a money into it and make it unique. As for color I'm a OD freak. No purpose behind it really. I was gonna copy the everyone else and to FDE because I thought the SR25 FDE's looked awesome but I stayed with my OD. Still a lil disappointed on the weight n kinda wish I knew what the new LMT Light weight barrels felt like. In all honesty between the barrel work, cerakote etc, excluding the glass I could have easily had a current KAC SR25. Sad part is even after all the work I still haven't really shot it. 49 rounds on paper. Pathetic I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Man, that's a sweet rig. Love the OD and black combo and have considered it myself. I think I'll stick with FDE since it reflects the environment I mostly shoot in. I've gone back and forth about having Marvin chop and dimple my 20" CL barrel, but my set-up shoots very well as is and I don't really want to screw around with it. My set-up is a bit front heavy as well, and the DMR stock doesn't really balance it out as much as I'd hoped. Nevertheless, very happy with the current configuration. Nice work!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I might drop the XDS-2C bipod and pick up another Atlas to shave off a few ounces on the front end.
    I don't know if you already have an Atlas or not, but I did not like it compared to the XDS-2. The ergonomics sucked IMO. Controls were too small and stiff to access and actuate easily with one hand, the pan and tilt was too stiff and not smooth, and many edges on it were sharp. The legs also didn't move as smoothly as my XDS-2. For the money I'd rather save a few bucks and get the XDS-2 or spend a few more and get the Knight's. After getting all three, I sold the Atlas.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sweet set-ups, brother. I'm actually thinking about picking up a second MWS or saving up a bit extra for the KAC ACC MLOK and configuring it in a very similar manner as the one on the bottom. I really don't want to mess around with reconfiguring my DMR set-up at all. What's the approximate weight of your DMR with the Razor HD?
    I honestly have no idea. I'll have to dig out my pack scale to measure...... part of me doesn't want to know.

I'm jealous of your DMR stock. I'm tempted to try the new Magpul Gen 2 PRS once the price comes down. I like the SAPR setup, but it is a pain to adjust on the fly for different shooters.

The lower battle rifle setup is actually using a Mega Arms lower with ambi bolt release. It fits pretty well, but the visual lines are not 100%. The the whole rifle build (with LMT lower parts, LMT bolt, SD-E, Law tactical, 18" SS that isn't pictured was a sub 2,000.00 build). Last summer King Optics had a 30% off sale, and I was able to buy the upper and parts. The pinned 14.5" came from my original LMT.

The new KAC M-LOK would be very tempting however. The lower price point, and slimmed down weight makes me miss my ECC.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't know if you already have an Atlas or not, but I did not like it compared to the XDS-2. The ergonomics sucked IMO. Controls were too small and stiff to access and actuate easily with one hand, the pan and tilt was too stiff and not smooth, and many edges on it were sharp. The legs also didn't move as smoothly as my XDS-2. For the money I'd rather save a few bucks and get the XDS-2 or spend a few more and get the Knight's. After getting all three, I sold the Atlas.
    I love the Atlas for an all day stationary firing position and panning between different targets, but it is pretty slow moving from one firing position to another. A lot of guys are still running the Harris in PRS matches for this very reason.

The Accu-Tac SR-5 Bipod looks interesting as well.

ETA: How is the KAC and XDS-2 for preloading? I like to shoot with an aggressive forward preload. Also, which has the better panning feature?

My ideal bipod would use the Harris dual deploy legs (that you can pull down with 550 cord) spring loaded notch legs for adjustment, 5-12" on height adjustment and swivel with a pan feature. I can do without the 45 degree leg option.
    Last edited by domestique; 02-03-16 at 17:27.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Thanks buddy. Love yours as well. Yeah I'd say stick with the setup and purpose you use it for as long as you are happy. I was trying to KACish mine as close as possible. Bought it new spring 2011 and it sat in the safe until Late winter early spring 2015 when I had all the work done. Was gonna sell it and couldn't bring myself to do it so I figured I'd dump a bunch a money into it and make it unique. As for color I'm a OD freak. No purpose behind it really. I was gonna copy the everyone else and to FDE because I thought the SR25 FDE's looked awesome but I stayed with my OD. Still a lil disappointed on the weight n kinda wish I knew what the new LMT Light weight barrels felt like. In all honesty between the barrel work, cerakote etc, excluding the glass I could have easily had a current KAC SR25. Sad part is even after all the work I still haven't really shot it. 49 rounds on paper. Pathetic I know.
    The biggest gripe I have (and my buddies as well) is how much of a beast it is in terms of weight. Yeah, it's a heavy motherfukcer, but I knew that going in. And I don't plan on humping this thing through a 2 day carbine course since it's a dedicated sharpshooter. I see it more as a weapon for a static OP and I'm fine with that. Adding up the cost of everything I put into mine so far, yeah I could've had a KAC, but not sure what I'd gain other than the rollmark and a sense of exclusivity that comes with ownership for all that money. The $ I saved put nice glass on my rig, and nevermind the fact that it was a gift from the wife, so there you have it. That said, I'm a big KAC fan and do plan to add an SR25 to the arsenal at some point in my life.

I previously ran an Atlas on my old 16" SR15 before I sold it. It was nice and light, and well suited for that set-up. When considering the options for the MWS I knew I wanted something a bit more robust. When doing my pro and con comparison the XDS bipod kept coming up on top, so that's what I ended up with. I kinda wish I had gone with the QD version, but to be honest, the tension knob that locks it in place isn't a PIA at all when it comes to attaching and detaching the bipod.

Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I love the Atlas for an all day stationary firing position and panning between different targets, but it is pretty slow moving from one firing position to another. A lot of guys are still running the Harris in PRS matches for this very reason.

The Accu-Tac SR-5 Bipod looks interesting as well.

ETA: How is the KAC and XDS-2 for preloading? I like to shoot with an aggressive forward preload. Also, which has the better panning feature?

My ideal bipod would use the Harris dual deploy legs (that you can pull down with 550 cord) spring loaded notch legs for adjustment, 5-12" on height adjustment and swivel with a pan feature. I can do without the 45 degree leg option.
    I aggressively pre-load the XDS-2C and while it offers a good amount of flex, at no point do I feel like I'm putting excessive pressure on it unlike the Atlas. It's a very solid and robust bipod and has very good panning capability (don't have an Atlas in front of me to compare it to). The XDS-2C was also specifically designed with the AR10 platform in mind, and I appreciate it's lower profile capability. Just wish it had the ability to change out the rubber feet with spikes.

ETA: bipod info above

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 02-03-16 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    GG&G has always made quality stuff. Used to be the IT in the 90's before an abundance of Companies. Looks busy. Sure it's a nice n bomb proof though.

On a side note I've NO complaints about my ATLAS PSR. Simple, Light and Sturdy.
    Last edited by Sabre675; 02-03-16 at 20:35.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Does any one know if the new light weight barrels have the same profiles as the non-light weight barrels? I'm assuming that there is a light weight version of every MWS barrel option offered? Just to clarify, by light weight I'm referring to the barrels with the aluminum barrel extensions.

And if so, has any one had a light weight barrel dimpled? I'm really interested to see how far you can drop the weight on an MWS. At least on paper it seems like you can get it down to the weight of a lighter SR-25 variant.

I know I have an obsession with trying to make the LMT as light as a KAC. It's probably that simple fact that regardless of price I just can't get an SR-25 here.
    Last edited by w3453l; 02-03-16 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Never gonna get it to 8.4 like the KAC ACC. The newer barrels are a lighter profile. I very seriously doubt that there is enough material to dimple them. I'm saying the lighter barrel is the end game of lowering the weight in the barrel department until LMT releases a Keymod/MLok design. But as is it shows on LMT's website, with a chrome lined factory lightweight barrel the system weighs 9.3. Not bad as thats almost a pound off of the original. But,... How do they shoot??? Not a whole lot of information anywhere that I've found.....
    Last edited by Sabre675; 02-03-16 at 21:05.

Page 151 of 311 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast