Page 205 of 311 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gop1 View Post
    Not to thread drift too much, but for those of you with additional barrels: How or what do you use to transport and store them? My 6.5CM barrel is currently sitting on a shelf. I may be a little over worried about the gas tube bending, just kind of curious what you all are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Bulldog tactical makes a low profile AR bag (29" long) that is perfect for toting around extra barrels. I think the bag is $25.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases.../dp/B005CGLUVU
    Last edited by domestique; 01-27-17 at 02:23.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Bulldog tactical makes a low profile AR bag (29" long) that is perfect for toting around extra barrels. I think the bag is $25.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases.../dp/B005CGLUVU
    Thank you, I'll check it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    After months of swapping parts and trying out different optics, components and things, I've pretty much settled into this final configuration. At one point I was going to ditch the whole DMR idea altogether, but I think the gun shines in this role above all others. At least for me. I was able to mitigate the gas issue by installing an adjustable gas key that E-man930 sent me a while back. Totally forgot that I had it in my parts bin until he reminded me as we were discussing some of the issues I was experiencing with blown primers. Right now it's tuned to run M118LR optimally, and I might need to make slight adjustments when running .308 match loads. Still interested in having some custom barrel work done for a 6.5 CM option, but that's a project I'll pursue maybe later on in the year. All in all, nothing you haven't really seen before. Just some fresh pics of how she's now set-up. Newly installed components include:

Geissele DMR FCG
    Magpul Receiver Extension
    Accuracy 1st ACL (yes, the Spuhr SP-4601 has a built-in level, but I prefer the 'heads-up' this offers)
    KAC 45 degree offsets
    KAC ambi CH
    KAC QD endplate
    KAC trigger guard
    KAC bipod

Thanks, guys.

Wow, beautiful. You just motivated me to get my MWS cerakoted as well...
    Last edited by M4A1; 02-11-17 at 16:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is an update on 6 Creedmoor barrel made and chamber by Mark Chanlynn. This is 2 back to back 5 round group after after a +.2mil elevation single shot. There is still some development to do but for still being under a 100 rounds and with the stock trigger it shows promise for an AR. Wind was full value 5-12mph. Sorry the picture is on it side.

2dv0aoz.jpg
    Last edited by majohnson; 02-23-17 at 16:24.

Feedback Score
    Does your rifle have the single stage stock trigger?

Seems to me these are good results (photo of your target) .... thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscout View Post
    Does your rifle have the single stage stock trigger?

Seems to me these are good results (photo of your target) .... thanks for sharing.
    There's a single stage stock trigger now? My MWS came with LMT's 2-stage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Standard MWS 2 stage just like it came with from LMT.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

My confusion, of late I have been researching/shopping for the LMT 5.56 slick receiver 16 inch and it lists a standard trigger group .... reviewing the LMT site I see that all 308's are listed
    with a two stage group.

The two stage trigger group on my MWS is very good.

My first post was concerning (other than 7.62) LMT barrels and how they function.
    I'm interested in a 260 Remington barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The issue with the 260 barrel is that LMT decided to go with a 1-9 twist, as opposed to the 1-8 that is commonly used in that caliber. They use a 1-8 on the Creedmoor barrel, I have been able to 1/2 moa results from it. If you use Bergers Stability Calculator the 1-9 is not fast enough to stabilize the 140 and even the 130 Hybrid is marginally stabilized depending on how fast you can push it.

Lapua has release Creedmoor brass which was one of the biggest reason for using 260 over the Creedmoor. There are some previous post that guys are complaining about the 260 barrel accuracy.

Many of the guy swap triggers out for the Geissele 2 stage which is lighter pull and crisper then the factory.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by majohnson View Post
    The issue with the 260 barrel is that LMT decided to go with a 1-9 twist, as opposed to the 1-8 that is commonly used in that caliber. They use a 1-8 on the Creedmoor barrel, I have been able to 1/2 moa results from it. If you use Bergers Stability Calculator the 1-9 is not fast enough to stabilize the 140 and even the 130 Hybrid is marginally stabilized depending on how fast you can push it.

Lapua has release Creedmoor brass which was one of the biggest reason for using 260 over the Creedmoor. There are some previous post that guys are complaining about the 260 barrel accuracy.

Many of the guy swap triggers out for the Geissele 2 stage which is lighter pull and crisper then the factory.
    Well that's interesting. I was on the fence re: 260 vs 6.5 and ended up ordering a mws in 6.5. I'm glad I did.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 205 of 311 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast