Page 231 of 311 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Boba fett

I had the same problem with AAC 7.62 SDN, it made the gun run crazy hot. I tried my Sig can and it was night and day. I think some of the larger volume ( the Sig can is fatter) and some with larger initial chambers handle gas so much better. Newer cans IMHO, newer technology has learned to manage gasses better. You may consider trying a buddy's can sometime and see if it works better for you.

I know its a PITA, but so is running your gun hot or minus a can.

Good luck.

PB
    Right now I'm leaning heavily toward picking up a 24" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and running it as a dedicated precision rig. Down the road I'd like to pick up another MWS MLOK chassis and keep the custom 16" barrel married to that as a back up to another 7.62 option I'm currently working to acquire.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Right now I'm leaning heavily toward picking up a 24" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and running it as a dedicated precision rig. Down the road I'd like to pick up another MWS MLOK chassis and keep the custom 16" barrel married to that as a back up to another 7.62 option I'm currently working to acquire.
    Another member here, Loupav, did the exact same thing. He only runs his as a 6.5 and runs his HK for 7.62. Pretty Cool.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Ed,

If you have a KAC MD, let's hook up and you can shoot my KAC QDC can. If you have a surefire you can use the 300sps and or a TB and you can try the ultra 7. When I get the Rugged Micro30 out of jail you can try that also.. shoot me a text when you want.

I have a surefire MD you could use.. and if someone on here has a 5/8x24 KAC they want to loan out for a few, we could make a pretty good day out of comparison between.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-31-18 at 16:02.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Ed,

If you have a KAC MD, let's hook up and you can shoot my KAC QDC can. If you have a surefire you can use the 300sps and or a TB and you can try the ultra 7. When I get the Rugged Micro30 out of jail you can try that also.. shoot me a text when you want.

I have a surefire MD you could use.. and if someone on here has a 5/8x24 KAC they want to loan out for a few, we could make a pretty good day out of comparison between.
    Jake, I like the sound of that. I'll be in touch when things slow down on my end, and we'll carve out some time as the weather gets warmer to get out there and launch some rounds. I've got access to a few good spots and I'm pretty sure you do as well.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Old pics taken a year ago today. Shooting 300-600yds @ Sac Valley. Haven’t been out at those distances since.

Feedback Score
    LMTMWS.jpg

Shot a class with Brian Whalen of Colorado Precision Rifle and JP this past weekend. Shot my LMT-MWS with a Premier 3-15 Mil-Dot in a Larue mount. A great class from a talented instructor. Lots of wind 10-25mph gave us a chance to practice wind holds. The gun really like to be held hard to get the most out of it. Like the Bushnell CONX and Kestrel, but the rangefinder seemed to struggle past 700 yards and the bluetooth range seems to be measured in inches.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Old pic from 2014. I haven't been shooting it much lately.

Feedback Score

Short video about the L129A1.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those that have a 6.5 barrel do are you happy with the overall accuracy? I have seen mixed reports. I am considering the new 24"mwsmlok or a jp lrp-07. I want something I can shoot long range maybe some prs gas matches etc.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    LMTMWS.jpg

Shot a class with Brian Whalen of Colorado Precision Rifle and JP this past weekend. Shot my LMT-MWS with a Premier 3-15 Mil-Dot in a Larue mount. A great class from a talented instructor. Lots of wind 10-25mph gave us a chance to practice wind holds. The gun really like to be held hard to get the most out of it. Like the Bushnell CONX and Kestrel, but the rangefinder seemed to struggle past 700 yards and the bluetooth range seems to be measured in inches.
    Good to hear you got after it. I find you need to cut in half the distance your rangefinder offers. If you want to range 1,000 yards you need a 2,000 yard hard rangefinder. It will work in perfect conditions to 2,000, but on a cloudy dreary day, lasering a non shiny object, 1,000.

God to hear you rocked some wind holds.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 231 of 311 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281 ... LastLast