Page 33 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Lucky f**ker Go have a blast for the both of us....your gonna really enjoy what your about to do!

In terms of hearing the steel...it's 50/50, I picked it up sometimes, others I didn't. I have electronic muffs, but I double plug with the MWS. I think you can hear the steel really well in the video, and when I was spotting for my pal I could hear his hits.

When I couldn't hear the steel, I could see the movement of the steel plate swinging. That's one of my favorite aspects to my steel setup....the huge range of movement it allows when hit, especially on one of the sides.

What are you going to launch at 1k? I assume 175gr. SMKs.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-08-12 at 14:47.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for all of your advice..as you can tell I am new to the LMT MWS. I just bought one from the M4c EE. Eddie gave me a price I couldn't refuse for basically a new rifle. I have been reading up and following this rifle for over a year now and series of circumstances now has me getting one ! Since the rifle I am getting is low serial number Gen 1 what "issues" should I look for ? I know about the possible bolt flaking but considering this rifle was only factory fired I won't know about that until I get to wind it it out. Any other quirks that the older ones are known for ?

Trident seeing you crank it out at 1k has me hoping I can find somewhere around me to do the same....At least I have 500 and get to shoot on it regularly I can't wait to see how the LMT preforms. I'm hoping to get 1-1.5 moa and seems I should be able to with good ammo and fundamentals.

thanks !
    Last edited by nato762; 02-08-12 at 18:13.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Big congratulations brother, even at the price that yours was listed at in the EE made it a helluva good deal in my book....just icing on the cake if you got a better deal on it than that.

The brit's have used both Gen 1 and Gen 2 rifles in combat, so I wouldn't be overly concerned with having a Gen 1 rifle. Bottom line is that if you should have a problem, LMT will remedy it very quickly.

Your gonna really love that rifle, 99% of all the reports Ive read about on the various forums from buyers of MWSs not only have had positive things to say but gave raving reviews of them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    sorry Trident, I didnt mean to get you all excited for nothing... I wasn't going to actually shoot today i was just going out to "plot" the range. I was even excited just to do that since i got to finally imagine what the long shot will look like. This will make my day dreaming at work much easier.

Oh i must have had my volume down because in your video the hits do sound good. I have loved the way your target really moves when its hit but yet it still resets quickly. My setup doesn't do that but i think i'm going to mess with it to act more like yours. Mine resonates loudly but doesn't move much (at least with 5.56 @550 yards).

Yes. I will be shooting 175's at first and i might try some 168's when I shoot the 18" SS.

ETA: Picture Thread............

And my left handed MWS that LMT custom made for me kidding

Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 02-08-12 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Awesome pics, beautiful rifle!!!

Yeah yours resonates big time. Can't wait to hear about your 1000yd setup and experience

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Alright since I am waiting impatiently for my rifle I have another advice question feel free to chime in.. I have a bobro mount headed my way thanks for suggesting that.....

My first rifle I owned was a FAL then I moved to M14's now to the LMT. In other words I was teethed on 7.62x51. I didn't get my first AR until a couple of years ago ( LMT ! by coincidence) How many of you are running a comp ? I have never personally run a comp of any sort. Is this something that a 16" .308 needs ? Seems like the recoil would be a bit more with a 16" than say my 18" ebr or 22" m14. Guess I won't know until I shoot it. I do know that all of you in LMT MWS land have experience and an opinion. I would love to hear if you have the time.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Here she is......

Just have to find the time to get a zero.

Going to do a final scope level and locktite it down then a range report to follow. It's only a 1.5 x5 but it will do for now
    Last edited by nato762; 02-16-12 at 18:41.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

"Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Now that is just F**KING SEXY!!!

Congrats pal, and it's great to see that it shoots every bit as awesome as it's looks....even though it's a 5rd. group

I'd put the MWS w/ 16" CL shooting FGMM 168gr. SMK up against any other .308 AR made to date, and I'd love to put my money where my mouth is It's really something else to see that combo plot .70-.80" 10rd groups.

What irons are you gonna go with?
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-25-12 at 17:17.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Now that is just F**KING SEXY!!!

Congrats pal, and it's great to see that it shoots every bit as awesome as it's looks....even though it's a 5rd. group
    Four out of five ain't bad...day dreaming on how good it was shooting..thus the flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I'd put the MWS w/ 16" CL shooting FGMM 168gr. SMK up against any other .308 AR made to date, and I'd love to put my money where my mouth is It's really something else to see that combo plot .70-.80" 10rd groups.

What irons are you gonna go with?
    Troy or I may just skip them all together. Really don't see the use for intended app.

-BAD selector
    -KNS
    -some kind of low pro rail covers
    -I prefer the Emod
    -Surefire suppressor / brake

Can't wait to stretch her legs. Thanks for all the help A
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Page 33 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast