Page 34 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    For the guys running the Magpul PRS stocks - how do you like them? Seems only 2 folks here have them on their rifles. Does it drastically change the feel of the rifle as to balance and recoil? I was debating dropping one on my rifle. I've decided the MWS will fill the precision semi-auto role while the SCAR 17S will be the blaster. I think the fixed stock should work well. I guess that necessitates buying a $225 stock, new spring and buffer for 7.62.

Spooky

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    For the guys running the Magpul PRS stocks - how do you like them? Seems only 2 folks here have them on their rifles. Does it drastically change the feel of the rifle as to balance and recoil? I was debating dropping one on my rifle. I've decided the MWS will fill the precision semi-auto role while the SCAR 17S will be the blaster. I think the fixed stock should work well. I guess that necessitates buying a $225 stock, new spring and buffer for 7.62.

Spooky
    I run the PRS stock. Its very nice. Does not throw the balance off that beefy LMT MWS. I never really had a problem with the sopmod like many others did. PRS is an upgrade.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I run the PRS stock. Its very nice. Does not throw the balance off that beefy LMT MWS. I never really had a problem with the sopmod like many others did. PRS is an upgrade.
    Have you had any issues with the rifle since putting the PRS on? Did it improve the balance with the extra weight to the rear?

Spooky

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    Have you had any issues with the rifle since putting the PRS on? Did it improve the balance with the extra weight to the rear?

Spooky
    It improves balance, but the rifle is so heavy (which I don't mind) I didn't notice it as much. I had no issues with changing reliabilty or else. I think it is a perfect match for the MWS.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Alright so I had the time to hit the range today and shoot some 100 yrd stuff. I had various ammo .....surplus ball mostly and M118. Now I had done a comparison in a different thread between the LaRue and the LMT and I finally had an afternoon to shoot the LMT to see what it would do. I shot off a Tango Down Bi Pod with no rear bag @ 100yrds stock LMT trigger ,16" cl barrel and optic was a leupold Mk4 MRT 1.5x -5x with it at 5x. Weather was ideal... about 60 sunny with a 10-15 mph no value wind essentially blowing in at me.

Note: I have my dope for M118lr at a different range to work with the BDC of the recticle out to 500 yrds so I just left it alone and was shooting for group size and not 100 yrd zero( although I can now ball park it off the results). Pure function/ grouping.

M118 shot the best and most consistent no big surprise there but this was the best group of the day.. I was amazed ..all 5 rnd groups

I shot other groups of the M118lr and they were similar

and this for example

needless to say she likes to eat the good stuff !

On to the surplus ....big disappointment. ugly groups. A let down after seeing what good ammo and a LMT mws cl will do. I shot a variety of surp ball. Aussie, Hirt, Port, and a bit of RG. Pretty much between 2.5-4 moa at times

examples...

this:

and.....

What have been your experiences shooting surp ball ? I did nothing different between the M118Lr and the ball ammo..I guess my question is this . If I get the stainless barrel how much will the ball ammo improve? or is it I need the longer 18" stainless ? I already acknowledge that if got a say NF 2.5-10x that would improve the groups too. This rifle can give so much more with a higher power than 5x. The smaller scope however makes the rifle lighter and more handy.

Opinions and experience are greatly appreciated !

overall though I am more and more impressed with this rifle and grateful I made the move !
    Last edited by nato762; 04-04-12 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nato762 View Post

What have been your experiences shooting surp ball ? !
    My experience has been similar to yours. 168' and up shoot extremely well. 155's on down not so much.

Feedback Score
    I have had nice groups with Hornady 155gr Steel Match. Ok groups with Fed 150gr FMJ and German surplus (DAG in the green rubber battle pack). I haven't tried any other exotic surplus but all of the Match ammo I have tried has been very good. Strangely, Hornady super performance 178gr BTHP did not do as well as I would have hoped. I am going to stick with Fed 168 and 175 gr for all the match ammo. I found it works best. For bulk buy, probably Fed 150gr (X762D) and Fed 149gr (XM80C).

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I have had nice groups with Hornady 155gr Steel Match. Ok groups with Fed 150gr FMJ and German surplus (DAG in the green rubber battle pack). I haven't tried any other exotic surplus but all of the Match ammo I have tried has been very good. Strangely, Hornady super performance 178gr BTHP did not do as well as I would have hoped. I am going to stick with Fed 168 and 175 gr for all the match ammo. I found it works best. For bulk buy, probably Fed 150gr (X762D) and Fed 149gr (XM80C).
    I have found that ammo to suck BALLS out of gas guns... I bought 400 rounds of it in various weights and ended up giving almost all of it away...

I have found that the 168/175 GMM to be the best ammo at a reasonable price for both the MWS and OBR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone got their hands on the new "slick" LM8 version of this?

LMT YouTube Video link to the LM8 version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTw4XYUi8UY

My local guns store has a 16" chrome and an 18" SS version, but I really want to get a look at the lighter version.

Cameron
    Last edited by Cameron; 04-06-12 at 12:45.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In case anyone is keeping score, Cameron just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Cameron won again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    I have found that ammo to suck BALLS out of gas guns... I bought 400 rounds of it in various weights and ended up giving almost all of it away...

I have found that the 168/175 GMM to be the best ammo at a reasonable price for both the MWS and OBR.
    I agree...I've tried others and had pretty decent results with 178gr. AMAX but nothing has performed as well as the SMK's in my MWS. I wanted to switch to Hornady bc they seem a little cheaper (reloading) but if I want the best I guess I have to pay for it.

ETA: I forgot to mention that my 18" SS replacement barrel shipped today and i'm excited. I wont lie though, i'm worried about it's performance considering i'm pretty sure they don't use Rock Creek anymore. Can any1 point me to any reviews or have any comments on the performance of the new SS barrels?
    Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 04-06-12 at 13:49.

Page 34 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast