Page 54 of 311 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacam View Post
    Here is my set up!
    Im really loving this scope.

Very nice setup. Is that a 20" .308 barrel, or did you go with another caliber?

Feedback Score
    Yes, its a 20" SS barrel in 308.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

JP Enterprises Bolt in a MWS Bolt Carrier ( don't work )

I did a search but can't locate where I read that someone bought a JP bolt and said it worked fine with his MWS. Well I grabbed one about 4 months ago and finally got around to trying it in my MWS carrier. It won't work . The Cam pin is too large or the hole is too small....

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is the LMT bolt and cam special? The bolt slides in and lines up but the cam pin won't go in .
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mixing and matching 308 bolts is asking for trouble. Especially considering that LMT's actually work compared to most of the competition.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a JP bolt that worked fine in my MWS carrier. I only used it enough to test funtion then went back to my LMT bolt. I just wanted a spare since LMT charges $500 for a bolt.

There are a couple different generations of MWS carriers and bolts. Maybe that's the difference.

When I get home from church in like an hour ill try to take a pic of the bolt and carrier and then you can compare to yours.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzoid View Post
    I did a search but can't locate where I read that someone bought a JP bolt and said it worked fine with his MWS. Well I grabbed one about 4 months ago and finally got around to trying it in my MWS carrier. It won't work . The Cam pin is too large or the hole is too small....

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is the LMT bolt and cam special? The bolt slides in and lines up but the cam pin won't go in .
    I have the JP Enhancedbolt completion group, bought it as a back-up. It works in my MWS. I believe there are some issues with mixing LMT firing pin and cam pin with the JP. Using the complete JP group in the LMT carrier works.

http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPBC-EB308

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's some photos and a couple measurements. The LMT cam pin Measured .373 And fits nicely inside the JP bolt. The inner diameter of both the JP bolt and the LMT bolt's cam hole/slot is .374. Also, the JP bolt is the only JP component I have. So when I function tested the JP bolt every other part of the BCG was factory LMT. One of the companies may have made some changes.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Thanks for the responses... I picked up the JP Bolt for the same reason Dirtyboy333 did. I don't like the idea of have limited or crazy expensive options for any of my firearms. I may pick up a standard Cam pin for 8 bucks and give that a try.

This is a 150 dollar spare bolt and looks to be excellent quality so I hope I can get it to work.
    Last edited by Tzoid; 03-10-13 at 14:09.
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ajunkie View Post
    Very nice setup. Is that a 20" .308 barrel, or did you go with another caliber?
    Is that a piece of velcro on the shell deflector?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Is that a piece of velcro on the shell deflector?
    Yes it is. It helps with not denting the shit out of my brass.

Page 54 of 311 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast