Page 55 of 311 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzoid View Post
    Thanks for the responses... I picked up the JP Bolt for the same reason Dirtyboy333 did. I don't like the idea of have limited or crazy expensive options for any of my firearms. I may pick up a standard Cam pin for 8 bucks and give that a try.

This is a 150 dollar spare bolt and looks to be excellent quality so I hope I can get it to work.

Yeah, I really hope you get that to work and everything squared away because the JP bolt really is a very nice bolt. Although, the LMT bolt is a work of art. At least mine with the dual ejectors and the relief Cuts on the rear of the locking lugs. There's also some more little details on the LMT bolt that really makes it stand out. I am more than pleased with the JP bolt as a backup though. It's really strange that either your JP bolt uses a smaller cam pin or your LMT bolt uses a bigger cam pin hole than normal. How new is your LMT bolt? Is it the dual ejector type or is it one of the older ones? I am interested to know which part is out of spec and whether is was purposely done.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    My bolt has the single ejector so It's a 1st generation rifle. I'm calling JP this morning and speaking with them about it and probably going to acquire a cam pin. It's definitely a little odd that the LMT cam pin won't fit but I will post my findings. Who knows maybe the JP bolt is out of spec and they replace it
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I called LMT and they pretty much said that they still don't sell ANY parts to civilians because every part goes to Military contracts and new rifle builds and claim that they have no clue about the Cam pin size JP bolts require but theirs is a Milspec .308. I'm waiting for JP to return my call so I will post what they say but I did find the thread posted below and it seems as if Gen 1 LMT BCGs are NOT compatible with the JP bolt and I may either sell this bolt or buy the rest of the JP parts ( Carrier , Cam & firing pin )

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...f=121&t=565833
    Tzoid

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I called LMT and they pretty much said that they still don't sell ANY parts to civilians because every part goes to Military contracts and new rifle builds and claim that they have no clue about the Cam pin size JP bolts require but theirs is a Milspec .308. I'm waiting for JP to return my call so I will post what they say but I did find the thread posted below and it seems as if Gen 1 LMT BCGs are NOT compatible with the JP bolt and I may either sell this bolt or buy the rest of the JP parts ( Carrier , Cam & firing pin )

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...f=121&t=565833
    Sucks you ended up with the first Gen MWS BCG. The LaRue option might be the best route if JP's stuff is made for second gen carriers. I don't think LMT is going to free up for 1.5-2 years. I'm not sure they are even taking orders on some products right now they are so far backed up.

Personally, I would run the shit out of it, if you have an issue, I am confident that LMT will make it right and would probably give you a new BCG.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I'm good with it and I have to call you next time I head to New Holland. My buddy with the OBR is a member and I have been with him a few times.

I'm selling the JP bolt and moving on.... It's posted in the classified section now.
    Tzoid

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry about your troubles. At this point, unless it would work with a cheap 308 cam pin from midway or brownells, selling it is probably the best option.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I would probably try the cam pin option but they are out of stock so I'll let someone else have the bolt that wants a spare.

If my post helps someone else then it was worth the research. Imagine that .... A Steelers fan helping a Ravens Fan.. Thanks Bro : )
    Last edited by Tzoid; 03-12-13 at 14:15.
    Tzoid

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    I'm good with it and I have to call you next time I head to New Holland. My buddy with the OBR is a member and I have been with him a few times.

I'm selling the JP bolt and moving on.... It's posted in the classified section now.
    Shit I would buy it if my MWS wasn't a gen 1...
    Tzoid, d90, either of you, let me know the next time you're headed to New Holland. I'll swing out too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would probably try the cam pin option but they are out of stock so I'll let someone else have the bolt that wants a spare.

If my post helps someone else then it was worth the research. Imagine that .... A Steelers fan helping a Ravens Fan.. Thanks Bro : )
    Oh, for the sake of our relationship I wish you would have kept me unaware of that. just kidding. You had a story-book season and I'm glad you kept SF to only 5 and this also proves how dominant the AFC north is. I already have enough fights with my family from Towson about steelers/ravens.

Anyway, I originally had the gen 1 bolt and it was great. I read somewhere on here that the main reason they went with the dual ejector was mainly for FA reliability and for the SBR version (13" I think). The only reason I ended up with a dual ejector is bc I loaded up some ammo with 20+ year old primers from my grandfathers reloading kit. Primer blew a hole in the rear and tack welded the ejector flush with the bolt face. LMT told me a bunch of diff ways to free the ejector but after spending hours beating on it with punches etc. it wouldn't budge. When I called the second time they told me to return it which they eventually sent me a new bolt. I thought that was great of LMT since it obviously wasn't their fault.

Feedback Score
    How would one tell what generation his MWS is?

Page 55 of 311 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast