Page 81 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    It's easy as hell to do with the factory torque wrench....LMT will just send you some new bolts in the future, i keep a half dozen on hand for my MRPs, and MWS. I've sheared one off before, and since then I stopped using the factory wrench.
    I may have said this before, but I feel like less of an idiot after popping a bolt in mine.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Just rolled in ... Won't have to go another summer without semi 308

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    Just rolled in ... Won't have to go another summer without semi 308

Man, everytime I see a slick I wish they sold just that upper chassis so I can swap my standard one for it.

On another note, anybody have a line on 18" or 20" SS barrels? After I'm done with my .308 muzzle device testing I want to do a bunch of the mods in this thread with the UBR, cut down 18" or 20" SS barrel to 16", and dimpled barrel.
    Last edited by Plasman; 02-02-14 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Plasman,

It looks like LMT has them in stock, see here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    Plasman,

It looks like LMT has them in stock, see here.
    It's said "in stock" for a while now. I read where a guy called last week to check and LMT said it wasn't actually in stock. I guess I could call to see what their ETA is.

EDIT: Says in stock, but if you try to add to cart it says it's out of stock.
    Last edited by Plasman; 02-03-14 at 17:46.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    You Hoo anybody looking for a NF 2.5x10x24 ($1,350.00) ?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_163/1..._NF_rings.html

has some scratches on Illum knob that can be either painted or re ordered for NF for a few bucks.
    Won't be around long.

A little birdie told me it's gone now. Congrats to M4C member, right on.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    It's said "in stock" for a while now. I read where a guy called last week to check and LMT said it wasn't actually in stock. I guess I could call to see what their ETA is.

EDIT: Says in stock, but if you try to add to cart it says it's out of stock.
    Pisser. Sorry about that. I though I was being clever and helpful.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I came across this pic on TOS under the KAC industry subforum, and it had way to much awesome going on not to share it over here.

Pic, and upper belong to member hjmpanzr

So, so sick Man I want that upper!

Personally speaking, I'd honestly pick a LM8 over the latest SR25 model.....in the past I held them equal at the top spot for hard use precision orientated .308 ARs.
    That upper above takes the best parts of the lighter weight SR25...and combines it with the amazing monolithic chassis, and massive barrel hookup. So your getting both the uber accuracy from LMT, and the lighter weight from the new styled SR25s given one chops the 16" back, and re contours/dimples the barrel.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Thanks brother. Got an ecc on order and I'm going for the old version. Got the LM8 and stumbled across a factory 13.5 barrel and with the kac MAMS it's almost 17". Once my kac suppressor goes thru I will be set.

I agree with you on the MWS. They're awesome. I've got a 20" barrel in with Marvin getting cut and dimpled. But I'm pretty sure this set up will keep me busy for a while.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Man I just realized that you just recently posted the before pic of your rifle a few replies back. I didn't happen to see it prior to posting so I hope I didn't step on your toes by doing so. Next time don't have such an awesome config., and I won't feel the need to tell the world about how awesome it is

Literally the only thing I could ask for with a LM8 setup like that is the KAC ambi bolt release design that they put on the newest SR25 rifles. The the MWS lower would be fully ambi. The KAC IWS lowers will definitely ruin you if your a Satan hander.

Normally I'd like a 9/10x on the top end for my optic on the super capable MWS....but you really do have the perfect optic for the shorter, much more maneuverable setup. That said, I'm pretty sure it's still a 800yd rifle in a very skilled shooters hands, and enough mag on the top end for the job. I've seen a number of nice custom barrel jobs on MWSs over the years, but yours might be the final motivation I needed to send my 16" CL to Marvin for a cut, and dimple job.

Can't wait to see the full rifle pic/s if you have the time in the future, and I'd also be very interested to see pics of just the barrel, and then exactly how much weight you saved. Nothing gets me more excited than talking LMT MRP/MWS shop....and if I'm not careful I'll ramble on like an idiot about them forever. I loved MRPs first, and then over the years grew to love ARs in general.

Better cut myself off now, but you sir have one world beating rifle. Big congrats, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the hell out of it.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 02-14-14 at 19:08.

Page 81 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast