I tested out some loads with my "precision" setup today. It is a 16" heavy barreled lo pro DPMS upper with a free floated handguard and a 1-4x millett scope. It has always shot well but today I was impressed.

I was testing between SMK BTHP and Midway's Dogtown (52gr vs 55gr). The cheaper 55gr dogtown shot better which surpised me, but that is not why Im posting this. I see serious potential in this rifle and I think im going to build it up more.

I have a Millett TRS1 4-16x50 on my Savage 10. It is a good scope for the money. Not an excellent scope by any means, but it is good, very capable and for what it costs a great deal. I think Im going to replace it with a Nightforce and put the Millett on the DPMS. I think with a better trigger, more magnification and some practice I could see some impressive results.

These were todays groups from 50yds off a bench with a front and rear bag at 4x:

The best group of the day was .422". That is damn near .5moa. Is this the best accuracy I can see from this rifle? I want to increase the distance and the accuracy.

Discuss.