Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1066

Thread: Move back to GI magazines - a journey

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Myself, I pretty much stopped at around 112 USGI style mags of different configurations - Okay, D&H, Palmetto (whoever made them) and Brownells. I do have some Tango Downs and a Troy Battle Mag, but that's it.

Why 112? I have Fat 50 ammo cans and they hold 28 each. My thoughts are that if I roll through over 3,000 rounds without having a chance to reload it is time to go to Jesus.

Just in case they are all rendered inoperable I also have a couple of these: http://www.originalbobsled.com/ARSleds.aspx

Feedback Score
    I have waded through this entire thread since it started in 2011. I was sold on pmags when it started and still am, but bought more aluminum mags based on recommendations in the thread when bargains cropped up. It doesn't have to come down to which one is better.
    Aren't the first gen glocks still holding up? How about the hk vp70?
    By the time pmags or the followers in aluminum mags are too brittle to function, a future endless discussion will revolve around which stun setting to use on their phasers.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Burns View Post
    With the new testing from the Marine Corps and the buried testing from the Army proving PMAGs are the most reliable why would anyone not pick the latest gen PMAG?

It's not like any mags are expensive so why not choose the one proven the most reliable?
    Because I personally prefer good 'ol aluminum USGI mags. They fit all my pouches (Magpul and some flavors of the week do not fit as nicely… or at all), I like the way they feel, I think they look cool as they wear from real world use. Three combat deployments with them and I have nothing bad to say about them. They are very common, can be found sometimes dirt cheap, and easily upgraded with Magpul followers and/or springs.

Magpul and USGI get the job done, boring reliable and inexpensive. I at one time had a couple dozen Magpul mags, but I found over time, I routinely filling my kit and range bag with USGI and leaving the Magpuls in the locker.…. I prefer USGI aluminum mags (sound like a broken record?). They work. One less thing to worry or give a shyte about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKS-74U View Post
    We know how USGI mags age, though.
    Not sure exactly what you mean by this. Are you talking aging from use, or from staying unloaded in storage?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Why is diversity the way to go? A mag works, or it doesn't. All mags wear out eventually. If one mag isn't demonstrably better than another, why does diversifying matter? If one mag is demonstrably better, why get anything else?
    Just peace of mind I would say. There is always that tiny bit of uncertainty. Kind of like right now most people are confident in Pmags lasting another 30 years or so, but there is still that thought about no actual data to prove they will last another 30 years. Mags are pretty cheap, so it's just cheap insurance.

Feedback Score
    Okay has introduced a new magazine design: http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/15...ion-feed-lips/
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Okay has introduced a new magazine design: http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/15...ion-feed-lips/
    At $20 I think it's going to be hard for them to compete with pmags and Lancers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAMP84 View Post
    At $20 I think it's going to be hard for them to compete with pmags and Lancers.
    Before I get into the why for this mag, to be honest the MSRP of the mag doesn't concern me. Chances are street will less and if they get down to $15 then they are in the realm for your average, read un-informed, buyer. Hell even at $20 they are within that price bracket that they could sell. Yes, most on here are going to look at it and go, for sub $10 I can get Pmags for days. and if I am patient Lancers for around $10 a mag, and then standard USGI mags for around the same. But, remember we are not the average buying public.

For me, I am not sure what this mag does that other mags I have don't already do. Not to say that some might not find their way into my mag inventory, but my go to mags will continue to be Magpul, Lancer, and Quality USGI.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been sitting here tight lipped about the new Okays for almost a year.

Fear not, the original Okays are still going to be made and the price is going down this year too.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Before I get into the why for this mag, to be honest the MSRP of the mag doesn't concern me. Chances are street will less and if they get down to $15 then they are in the realm for your average, read un-informed, buyer. Hell even at $20 they are within that price bracket that they could sell. Yes, most on here are going to look at it and go, for sub $10 I can get Pmags for days. and if I am patient Lancers for around $10 a mag, and then standard USGI mags for around the same. But, remember we are not the average buying public.

For me, I am not sure what this mag does that other mags I have don't already do. Not to say that some might not find their way into my mag inventory, but my go to mags will continue to be Magpul, Lancer, and Quality USGI.
    Probably aimed at the US Military.

Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast