Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Move back to GI magazines - a journey

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While we are on the subject of springs, I would still like more clarification on that as well.

What are the options available currently in the various "GI-style" magazines? Stainless, chrome-silicone, and...?

D&H's website says 17-7ph which is a stainless steel.

ETA:

Appears to be a pretty good explanation here, except that the OP there has also posted in this thread and the two conclusions counter one another, leading me to believe that something changed his mind about stainless springs between then and now.
    Last edited by rob_s; 05-16-11 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    Turning out to be a pretty good thread.

Any other information as to why D&H are not gtg would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Everything else Bravo Company does seems to be on the up-and-up and of verifiable quality. Why would they skimp on magazines, especially since the D & H mags with the MagPul followers are what they ship with the rifles? It would be a helluva thing to build a high quality rifle and then take a chance on multiple warranty calls because the magazine shipped with it was crappy.

The one thing about the D & H mags that doesn't seem right is the shiny black finish to the mag body. All military mags I've handled were matte finished unless they had been somewhat polished from handling.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Everything else Bravo Company does seems to be on the up-and-up and of verifiable quality. Why would they skimp on magazines, especially since the D & H mags with the MagPul followers are what they ship with the rifles? It would be a helluva thing to build a high quality rifle and then take a chance on multiple warranty calls because the magazine shipped with it was crappy.
    I would be careful about assuming anything.

The one thing about the D & H mags that doesn't seem right is the shiny black finish to the mag body. All military mags I've handled were matte finished unless they had been somewhat polished from handling.
    The D&H are teflon finished. So far that seems to be getting a negative vote from the NHMTG crowd, but add it to the list of things I'd like more explanation of.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    While we are on the subject of springs, I would still like more clarification on that as well.

What are the options available currently in the various "GI-style" magazines? Stainless, chrome-silicone, and...?

D&H's website says 17-7ph which is a stainless steel.

ETA:

Appears to be a pretty good explanation here, except that the OP there has also posted in this thread and the two conclusions counter one another, leading me to believe that something changed his mind about stainless springs between then and now.

Right after the ban sunsetted you could by DH mags with CS springs from the factory. I ordered 10 of them because that was all I could get at the time for a decent price.

I got rid of all of them last year on gunbroker.

They probably quit doing the CS thing.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Many of my D&H mags before the 2008 election were dry filmed. Maybe their commercials suppliers want teflon verse dry-filmed?

http://www.44mag.com/product/d_h_usg...ine_dryfilm/49

D&H dry filmed.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 05-16-11 at 14:49.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    BCM also sold TAPCO magazines for a while, so they WILL sell garbage.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Was D&H not once a govt. contract magazine supplier? if so, are they not producing magazines to that same spec or has the spec changed? and what about Brownells' claim to be a military magazine supplier?

DH used to be Labelle. I have some preban Labelles and they are more like a NHMTG/Okay than a DH.

I don't have any experience with the Brownells magazines and I'm not going to buy them to waste rounds in them to prove functioning and the associated time and money spent.
    Last edited by scottryan; 05-16-11 at 14:59.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have one brownells mag because getting the mag qualified me for free shipping and it was cheaper for the mag than the shipping charge. It works but its one of one.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 05-16-11 at 15:00.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Many of my D&H mags before the 2008 election were dry filmed. Maybe their commercials suppliers want teflon verse dry-filmed?

http://www.44mag.com/product/d_h_usg...ine_dryfilm/49

D&H dry filmed.

Perhaps they make a USGI magazine now, but they didn't before.

I will buy a few of these and try them.

Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast