Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    What if you go to do a tactical reload?
    Good point, I didn't think of that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    ALL NHMTG magazines have Magpul followers. That is the only way you can get them from Ronan.
    44mag.com has NHMTG with green followers. I just bought 30 of them and will be buying at least another 20. Are they just old stock or something?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting thread.. the majority of my mags are the USGI. I always had good service with them and treated them like the expendable item they are... I bought some PMAGS and Lancers for free over the years...

I'm not the kind of guy who rushes out and replaces anything until it has been proven ...I just slowly, over time, swapped out all the followers to Magpul and have the old school Magpuls on them... I use a stencil kit and make large .Mil type numbers and spraypaint numbers on both sides of each magazine... last's for years, and no sticky goo or touching up with a paint pen.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Pmags kind of took hold on me by accident. I resisted them at first, then caved when the orange ones came out, and next thing you know I had 50-something of them. A handful for the spraypaint test, a handful for the deet test, 2-3 a year in Pats class for the las 5 years... I still think that first 11 orange may have been the only ones nactually bought!

Feedback Score
    Rob - good topic. Living in a ban state I have historically run 30rd pre-ban USGI mags. Some were purchased through some top-shelfers here on M4C. I will throw it out there that any of you investing in new USGI, Pmags, etc., please do consider offering up your pre-bans to those behind enemy lines - they are a valued resource here. PM/email me if you need an outlet. I find homes for your unwanted mags at zero profit to myself...

I replaced all the followers in my mags with obligatory green followers and have not replaced them since, (many thousands of rounds). I have two exceptions to that rule. Two Colt marked mags that I bought NIW back in the mid 90's. These mags have been 100% for well over a decade. Is there anomalies in the black-follower bunch? The other is a crazily used Israeli Orlite mag which just will not fail.

Feedback Score
    USGI springs should not rust. The two most popular springs seem to be USGI and CS. My choice would be USGI.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting this Rob, interesting thread. Been finding myself migrating back to USGI magazines for many of the reasons mentioned.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MassMark View Post
    Rob - good topic. Living in a ban state I have historically run 30rd pre-ban USGI mags. Some were purchased through some top-shelfers here on M4C. I will throw it out there that any of you investing in new USGI, Pmags, etc., please do consider offering up your pre-bans to those behind enemy lines - they are a valued resource here. PM/email me if you need an outlet. I find homes for your unwanted mags at zero profit to myself...
    I'll try to dig mine back out of the closet tomorrow and see what I have.

What's the going rate?

Feedback Score
    I have been using Pmags recently but I have no intention of giving up any of my metal AR mags. Almost all have the green follower but three have the Magpul.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'll try to dig mine back out of the closet tomorrow and see what I have.

What's the going rate?
    Thanks Rob. I was finding them here and elsewhere for $15-20.00 based on condition. Probably the best deal I got here at M4c was $12.00 for used, but in my opinion, excellent magazines. I suspect the member was being just a truly good egg. The Okay's were way beyond okay and I was reminded of them today as I wiped the rain off them...

ETA: When I was thick into the mag placement mission, I suggested to sellers to package them in lots, (2, 4, 6, 8 or more), to avoid dealing with loads of shipping single mags...
    Last edited by MassMark; 05-15-11 at 21:59.

Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast