Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First M4/Build-DD

Feedback Score

First M4/Build-DD

Hey everyone new to the site and found a lot of great info on here. I would like to thank Rob S a senior member on here for the great info that he found and put into his spread sheets. He really put together a great setup to help anyone out.

I did a lot of research before I bought this gun and found that going to the local gun dealers around where not very informative. Most did not know what guns they had or what was in them. I also found most of the guns at the dealer were all base model gun's with nothing in them for top dollar. I took some pictures nothing like stickman's water pic Awsome!

DD did not have complete upper's when I went to order so I built everything from a stripped lower to the upper receiver.

Here is my first M4/build

Lower specs

LMT lower defender 2000
    RRA LPK with two stage trigger
    RRA grip ok will be replacing
    BCM stock
    RRA trigger guard
    Mil spec- buffer tube assembly
    H2 carbine buffer

Upper specs

Daniel Defense 16" Carbine CHF barrel-W/LPGB
    RRA- Muzzel brake
    DD- Omega X 9" rail- wish I went with the 12" now
    DD- A4 Upper
    DD- BCG
    MagPul flip up sights

Attachments at the moment are a forward grip- Grip Pod Systems- Only paid $50 for it

I have to say the service at DD was great and quick. Quality of parts are awesome. Hoping to get out soon to shoot it.

Attachment 7721

Attachment 7722

Attachment 7723

Attachment 7724

Attachment 7725
    Last edited by Stuntridef4i; 05-16-11 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Stuntridef4i; 03-17-11 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    Nice job!
    Get lots of ammo and shoot the crap out of it!
    New to AR shooting?
    If so, see what works and what doesn't for you accessory wise.

rob_s has lots of good info here and here, if you haven't already checked his website out.

Couple of questions: -are you sure that's a DD A2 Flash hider? Looks like something else.
    -do a quick search here on RRA LPKs and you'll see not many people have good thoughts about them or at least recommend something else in place of it, though for a first AR it should be good enough. I'd get a standard LPK from G&R or upgrade to a Geissele when funds are available. See how it/you shoot first.

Check this out: Stock trigger vs. Geissele
    Surf has very informative and well balanced videos on a lot of AR related topics. I highly suggest watching them.

Have fun with the boomstick!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Haha yes you are right it is a RRA muzzle brake sorry about that... I had looked at the Geissele triggers and liked them a lot, and found a lot of people liked them but I was on a bit of budget a so I opted for the RRA 2 stage but all in good time I will switch thing's up. I will deff look into the reviews on the RRA trigger's though. After looking at guns I just liked the feel of the 2 stage trigger's over the single.

Kind of wondering what you or anyone else would run for ammo in the gun?

Thanks for the advice and help!
    "The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so ****ing temperamental.."

Feedback Score
    Great build
    I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns - Mark Wahlberg "Shooter"

Once you are able to kill mentally, the physical part will be easy. The difficult part... is learning how to turn it off. - Tommy Lee Jones "The Hunted"

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks good, enjoy!

Feedback Score
    Federal XM193f 55gr
    Federal XM855f 62gr
    Some American Eagle .223
    You can try wolf steel case and see how it runs
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING SUCH NONSENSE

One of the greatest quotes ever created!
    Kudos my good man!
    Last edited by Iraqgunz; 03-15-11 at 14:19. Reason: Not appropriate

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nice job on your first AR, looks like a good setup to learn with.

I second the comments regarding the RRA lpk & trigger. I don't really see a reason for you to swap out the whole LPK (wouldn't hurt though odds are you'll be fine) but saving up for a geissele is excellent advice if you like 2 stage triggers. Put a little cash aside here and there and upgrade when the RRA starts to get too worn and its performance degrades(which it likely will). You'll really appreciate the quality of the geissele if/when you switch.

As for ammo, the above suggestions are fine, I'd also try PMC - I'd just get whatever is cheapest and shoot a lot of it. If the cheap stuff doesn't cycle strongly enough you could always drop down to an H buffer but I suspect with carbine gas everything should work fine.

A training class would be an excellent idea as well, Oregon Firearms Academy is right down the road from you pretty much and their 2 day carbine course isn't a bad place to start for a beginner.

I'm glad to see someone from NWFA listened to some of the more knowledgeable posters over there and started down the right path AR wise and ended up on M4C.
    Last edited by Dutchy556; 03-15-11 at 19:15.

Feedback Score
    Thanks ATG for the ammo suggestions, that video you sent is pretty informative. Also my signature is not any further from the truth haha... Thanks Dutchy for the info on the ammo and trigger as well. I'll try a few different things and see how it all goes. I will probably end up in time taking it out like you guys say. I actually had to send my barrel back because the extension piece to the barrel broke, and allowed my barrel to move about 1/8" back and forth so DD is sending me a completely new barrel. I didn't even get to shoot yet. So lets hope by the end of the week or beginning of next I can shoot it. The Oregon training class looks awesome but I actually live in NY so that's a bit far for me to go I hope I can find something near by thats just like it though. Apparently M4C is where its at!

Thanks DD and ZX for the comments!
    Last edited by Stuntridef4i; 03-16-11 at 20:58.
    "The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so ****ing temperamental.."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast