Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Presidential Race Thread

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    FACT: Ron Paul will never get elected POTUS.
    FACT: RP is the absolute best option to restore our country to it's once great status.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Herman Cain at this point.
    Same here.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Herman Cain here too..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    FACT: RP is the absolute best option to restore our country to it's once great status.
    I like some of what RP stands for, but he is way off on some major issues. Aside from that, he is un-electable as POTUS.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I like some of what RP stands for, but he is way off on some major issues. Aside from that, he is un-electable as POTUS.
    In the interest of discussion and to further my thought process please list specific examples of where you think he's way off. I'm not interested in arguing but would like to hear more of your thoughts to further our discussion.

Feedback Score
    In the interest of discussion and to further my thought process please list specific examples of where you think he's way off. I'm not interested in arguing but would like to hear more of your thoughts to further our discussion.
    His foreign policy is a little wacky - specifically how it pertains to the Middle East and Israel. While many of us would like to decrease our commitments to this region, a withdrawal to the degree that he recommends could destabilize the region and threaten Israel's safety. His comments against the UBL raid (basically said that the raid was illegal and violated Pakistans sovereignty) solidified him as a fringe element within the Republican Party.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/201...n-killing.html

Having said that, his domestic policies seem reasonable.
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-20-11 at 17:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanesmith View Post
    His comments against the UBL raid (basically said that the raid was illegal and violated Pakistans sovereignty) solidified him as a fringe element within the Republican Party.

Having said that, his domestic policies seem reasonable.
    so how would we like it if China was doing covert raids killing terrorists inside US borders endangering US citizens

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    so how would we like it if China was doing covert raids killing terrorists inside US borders endangering US citizens
    Seriously? This is a complete apples to oranges comparison. Quite ridiculous actually.

The USA doesnt harbor terrorists.
    Last edited by nickdrak; 05-20-11 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Basically what has recently been posted in-terms of his foreign policy stances is where I draw the line with him. His recent comments on gay marriage, and some of where he stands on the legalization of ALL currently illegal drugs is also an issue for me.
    Last edited by nickdrak; 05-20-11 at 18:11.

Feedback Score
    Basically what has recently been posted in-terms of his foreign policy stances is where I draw the line with him. His recent comments on gay marriage, and some of where he stands on the legalization of ALL currently illegal drugs is also an issue for me.
    If you can throw me a like I'd really appreciate it, Nick.

Also:

The USA doesn't harbor terrorists intentionally.

People that other countries consider terrorists (that aren't even on our radar) could very well come here without us knowing it. At least I think so.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast