Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "go bag"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

"go bag"

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place or covered else where. My search mainly came up with mainly for sale items.

Do any of yall keep a go bag handy in in case of emergencies? If so what do you use, and what do you keep in it?

I am looking at this eagle bandolier and thinking of using it to keep a couple mags, flash light and first aid kit.

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?c...cement%20Style

thanks.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I use a Maxpadition Versipacks JUMBO E.D.C. S-Type as my Go-Bag. They make one for both sides so I would suggest you get one for your weak side. You can get a smaller model if you don’t that much room. It is a great bag and I keep it in my truck all of the time.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...ype-4p1650.htm
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    I keep a Sandpiper three-day-pass backpack in my Jeep. First aid kit, fire starting materials, thermal blanket, signaling materials, maps, survival rations, chemlights, water purification tabs, and a note pad.

In addition to that, my typical every day carry includes a knife or two, a couple flashlights, my phone, and ipad.

In the winter I also keep an A-bag with a heavy parka, thermal underwear, gloves, watch cap, and heavy snow mukluks (this bag is actually what the Air Force issued me and requires me to carry out on alert, I just leave it in my car all winter because it's probably a good idea to have it)

My main concern is not the end of the world or the zombie apocalypse. Out here in Montana, if you get stranded on the side of a highway, it might be a long time before anyone comes along- and even more questionable if they'll stop to help you. Not so bad in the Summer, but can be downright deadly in the winter. I would probably keep a firearm and ammo in the car as well, but military bases don't look to kindly on that practice these days.
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 05-17-11 at 11:14.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    U.S Peacekeeper. Two AR mags (holds 4), 2 Secondary mags (holds 4). Fire starter kit, CR123 batteries, Knife, baby glock, Flashlight, couple granola bars. Water bottle. Bag is 10"x12".
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My go bag is just a generic coleman backpack from wallyworld. It stays in the truck and is meant to get me from where ever I am to my home. The wallyworld pack isnt out of desire to be low key. Rather it is based on the realities of the distances I travel from my house. I wont need a bullet proof case to navigate 5 to 10 miles back home on foot.

At the home, we are avid campers. So we have a lot of good (not cheap) gear. All the camping gear is already prepacked in plastic foot lockers. This can be part of a bug out load if vehicles are working. Routes and rally points and destinations are already set. In addition the ruck sacks stay semi packed and can be completely loaded out in about 15 minutes. With a family of 5 The likelihood of us bugging out on foot is small. Yeah we can do it but you can only carry so many supplies. So unless it is something very very very major, we will be bugging in.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Look for previous threads with content "bug out bag", "go-bags", "emergency bags", etc.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    There was also a pretty comprehensive thread with "man-purse" in the title.....
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post

Pat

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate the heads up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lol awesome...my "man purse" has a gun and mags in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast