Thread: Thordsen Customs Receiver?

Feedback Score

Thordsen Customs Receiver?

Anyone heard of these guys before? This photo is posted on Down Range Photography's Instagram/Facebook page. But I don't see any lower/uppers for sale on their site.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thordsen is a Cali based company. They manufacture and sell the cheek rest on the pistol buffer tube in that pic, as well as accessories targeted at making AR-15 "California Compliant."

Google says the lower and upper combo is from a run they did on the CalGuns forum a few years back:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1083939

The thread says they were setting aside the first 100 or so for the CalGuns forum, but doesn't mention how many total they were planning on doing. It also doesn't mention if it was a one time thing or something they were planning on doing for a while.

Easiest way to find out if they are still selling receiver sets would be to give them a call:

https://www.thordsencustoms.com/

Interesting note, the mag in that pic is a pretty cool idea for dealing with some of the newer California AWB laws that require a fixed mag (no bullet button). I hadn't seen one before and had to look it up also:

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    That almost looks like a New Frontier Armory receiver.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashewnut View Post
    What the, who the, why the, is that thing on the mag release ahead of the bolt catch? Another Kommie thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    Interesting note, the mag in that pic is a pretty cool idea for dealing with some of the newer California AWB laws that require a fixed mag (no bullet button). I hadn't seen one before and had to look it up also:

I am so on this. I go to Kommiefornia a fair amount, usually rely on my 870 for a long gun. I'm liking it, especially with things like they are going, Oregon just might end up being worse. Thanks for sharing.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!