Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Manufacturing AM-15M416 Review

Feedback Score
    I bought an Anderson lower right before Newtown and will be using it for my first build. The fit is very tight with a Noveske MUR. The finish is excellent. No machining marks to speak of. All things being equal, I would say it is a solid lower.

However, all things are not equal, and if any good lower wasnt worth it's weight in gold right now I would dump this one and choose something else for my first build. Reputation means something, and this company doesnt have a very good one.

That said, if I stumbled upon another one somehow I would pay $200 for it without thinking twice. What can I say, I am a whore for a good lower right now...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FeltaDorce View Post
    Isn't Anderson the manufacturer that got caught making fake accounts at Arfcom to ask about their lowers? Why is no one suspicious of the OP or the "machinist that was hired to fix all this" or the "whole SWAT team" guy on this post? This whole thread is fishy.....
    Yeah real fishy coming from the guy who works at the department where the SWAT team uses the rifles. I'm not SWAT but am on K9 so I'm issued a G36.

Obviously if this is how new members are treated I'd imagine its a great forum.

I'd be more than happy to post pictures if your heart so desires.

I'll also make sure to post a picture as soon as they finish mine this week.

But yes, several departments around here are going to their rifles because they are local, and yes the SWAT team all got rid of the MP5s for them.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relyt View Post
    Yeah real fishy coming from the guy who works at the department where the SWAT team uses the rifles. I'm not SWAT but am on K9 so I'm issued a G36.

Obviously if this is how new members are treated I'd imagine its a great forum.

I'd be more than happy to post pictures if your heart so desires.

I'll also make sure to post a picture as soon as they finish mine this week.

But yes, several departments around here are going to their rifles because they are local, and yes the SWAT team all got rid of the MP5s for them.
    K9 with a HK G36 and SWAT with MP5's? Seems backwards.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 01-14-13 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    K9 with a HK G36 and SWAT with MP5's? Seems backwards.
    How is it backwards. SWAT used to be outfitted with MP5s and several members with the G36. When the team switched to the custom Anderson Rifles with 10" Barrels/suppressers, the G36s were distributed to certain members of the department. Everyone else in the department either carries actual M16s or Rock River AR15s.

How long have you been a cop ffhound dog? In an active shooter scenario my G36 will be much more beneficial than a dog. And are you saying SWAT teams don't use MP5s?

Feedback Score
    SWAT Teams using MP5s. Shocking isn't it.

I simply come here to speak of my experience with Anderson Rifles, but apparently it's Tabboo to be a new guy and offer his opinion on a rifle he has shot several times and just purchased a personal one to add to the gun collection. It appears even more Tabboo to carry a G36 if you have a dog according to some.
    Last edited by Relyt; 01-14-13 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And as you see our SWAT Team used MP5s. Shocking isn't it.

I simply come here to speak of my experience with Anderson Rifles, but apparently it's Tabboo to be a new guy and offer his opinion on a rifle he has shot several times and just purchased a personal one to add to the gun collection. It appears even more Tabboo to carry a G36 if you have a dog according to some.
    What department do you work for?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    What department do you work for?
    You have been PMed reference info and answer to your question.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    How is it backwards. SWAT used to be outfitted with MP5s and several members with the G36. When the team switched to the custom Anderson Rifles with 10" Barrels/suppressers, the G36s were distributed to certain members of the department. Everyone else in the department either carries actual M16s or Rock River AR15s.

How long have you been a cop ffhound dog? In an active shooter scenario my G36 will be much more beneficial than a dog. And are you saying SWAT teams don't use MP5s?
    Just seemed backwards because most SWAT that I have been around would have a carbine before they would take a MP5. Most people with a MP5 would have other missions to do like the medic or breecher. You did not mention any AR's just G36 and MP5's. Just seemed from the post that SWAT had MP5's and the rest of the officers had G36's

Not a police officer just a Soldier who has trained other nation's police officers and soldiers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Just seemed backwards because most SWAT that I have been around would have a carbine before they would take a MP5. Most people with a MP5 would have other missions to do like the medic or breecher. You did not mention any AR's just G36 and MP5's. Just seemed from the post that SWAT had MP5's and the rest of the officers had G36's

Not a police officer just a Soldier who has trained other nation's police officers and soldiers.
    Ok I see your point and appreciate it. I was just shocked when I tried to talk about my experience with the rifle. Am I bias? Possibly, because we use the rifle. I just didn't expect people would jump up and down and start speaking of fishy scams because I happened to have fired it.

And like I stated in a PM to another member I was being vague due to our work policy on Internet use and speaking about who we are and the department. It's for our protection.

Either way I just spent money on one and am excited to get it this week. For those that would rather purchase a different rifle, by all means go ahead. I used to have a STAG Arms I built, moved onto Armalite and now am excited to have moved on to Anderson.

Feedback Score
    Relyt, if you were shocked that we would be skeptical of you, as a first time poster, posting positively and presumably knowingly about a known shyster product like Anderson, then you are either a tad naive or delusional. What exactly were you expecting? We have all seen the BS that Anderson laid out there, as you have, so are we just supposed to assume that some new poster with Anderson experiene and a SWAT/K9 background is on the up and up?
    Last edited by tkglazie; 01-14-13 at 21:58.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast