Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Manufacturing AM-15M416 Review

Feedback Score
    Because of the problems I have seen in the thread I have not experienced. No where did I say to go buy an Anderson and sell your BM, Smith, Double Star yada yada yada.

I also never said they were the greatest guns on the planet just worked amazingly well for us. I'm excited to receive mine and that I'm surprised about the negativity this thread has brought.

To each his own though.

Our SWAT team did not go with the R85 treatment so I will be interested to see what it potentially offers.
    Last edited by Relyt; 01-14-13 at 22:22.

Feedback Score
    I used two of their lowers in builds this fall.
    They were fine.

(and, I would have bought ten times as many if I had known how bare the shelves would be now)

I once had a question for them and via their website the customer service emailed back immediately.

That is the only direct experience I can relay with this company.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relyt View Post
    Because of the problems I have seen in the thread I have not experienced. No where did I say to go buy an Anderson and sell your BM, Smith, Double Star yada yada yada.

I also never said they were the greatest guns on the planet just worked amazingly well for us. I'm excited to receive mine and that I'm surprised about the negativity this thread has brought.

To each his own though.

Our SWAT team did not go with the R85 treatment so I will be interested to see what it potentially offers.
    The negativity is high because some people on here, like you, don't only shoot as a hobby but depend their life on the rifle. When a rifle you depend on to defend yourself with comes looking like this, it is unacceptable. I have nothing against Anderson but hopefully they pay more attention and put together rifles that they would use to protect themselves and others. If it's working for your department now maybe they have improved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean W. View Post
    The negativity is high because some people on here, like you, don't only shoot as a hobby but depend their life on the rifle. When a rifle you depend on to defend yourself with comes looking like this, it is unacceptable. I have nothing against Anderson but hopefully they pay more attention and put together rifles that they would use to protect themselves and others. If it's working for your department now maybe they have improved.
    You're right and we could have this debate all day. Like you I'm sure, I have a plethora of guns. My favorite is a KimberCustom TLE RL ii. Is it by far the best and most accurate 45 I have? Yes, but would I trust it over a glock? No. Glocks are idiot proof. Lol.

SWAT took a chance with the rifle and had a lot of feedback into developing their final product. Like I said, it's not a standard one you can order from them. However, they deemed it life saving practical.

Yes some complained I'm sure about losing fully auto MP5s that can group the size of a fist in a blink if an eye, but some just hate changed. To me, I love owning a rifle that was developed "down the street."

That's why I also used to buy double star products. Support ping home town and surrounding areas. I'm sorry others have had a problem but in my experience up to this moment, I've been in love.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Relyt,

Hopefully you can see where the questions about this company are coming from. A lot of members here use their tools in defense of themselves or others. So quality of parts, quality control, business practices, etc all come into play here. Your agency is getting good, working rifles. That's a good thing. The issue is what about the rifles they sell to others? The ones they don't take the extra time to check and double check to make sure it meet a common standard of reliability.

Also, just ignore ffdumbdog. It will help you out in the long run.

Feedback Score

Picked it up today

Picked up my Anderson Rifle today. First of all, customer service was great. They took me back to Armory and showed them finishing the rifle for me. I asked them to place an additional 2 picatinny rails down the sides of the rifle so I had more than just the top and bottom (they did.) I then saw that they also had the tactical charging handle that was also RF85 treated. I asked them to take out the regular charging handle and throw in that one. They did no problem.

They gave me a walk around of the factory for a 2nd time. During the tour (no I did not take pictures so I'm sure 90% of you won't believe me), but they area producing rifles in a HUGE order for a brand name company. They are the budget ARs by are not stamped Anderson... May have a horse on it though.

Anyway, without further wait here is my new baby that I took to our range.

Did anything band stand out to me with it during my 100 round volley? No. I enjoyed it and it shot incredibly great groupings. Yes, I forgot to take a picture of that too. We sighted it in at 25 yards so we made sure that we shot about 1 1/2 low. Magpul sights I purchased on my own and I am rather pleased with.

Last edited by Relyt; 01-15-13 at 16:37.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    In the third pic the upper and lower look severely misaligned. What horse roll mark did you see? Horse head or body? GH

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Maybe not misaligned for function but it the raised area through the mag release looks sloppy. GH

Feedback Score
    You have got to be effing kidding me.... "Anderson is so cool that they make Colt lowers?!"

Now I am absolutely certain that anything in this thread is total and complete BS, probably being put here on fake accounts started by people at Anderson.

Here's a tip for you: Instead of spending all day making fake accounts and BS stories about how many "SWAT Teams" all use these and how "Anderson is gearing up for Govt contracts" and whatnot, why not actually go out and try to make a decent rifle? Then let them speak for themselves.
    "We must surrender our attachments to government in every aspect of life. This goes for the right and the left. We need to give up our dependencies on the state, materially and spiritually. We should not look to the state to provide for us financially or psychologically.... Let us understand that it is far better to live in an imperfect world than it is to live in a despotic world ruled by people who lord over us through force and intimidation. - Dr. Ron Paul

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'd buy a lower right now but SWAT endorsements mean nothing to me nowadays.

endorsed by Cooder County SWAT Team!!!!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast