Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Manufacturing AM-15M416 Review

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It's hard to tell from your pictures, but it doesn't look like your castle nut is staked.
    Unless you plan on switching out your end plate for something else soon, I'd get that staked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Just a suggestion but I would get the bolt carrier key restaked. One screw has a light staking and the other from the picture none at all. Other than that shoot it and make sure it is good to go before you use it insted of the G36.

Have fun and stay safe.
    It's not my work rifle. The G36 goes to work with me every day as it was the one issued to me. I enjoy having burst fire on that one.

The Anderson is just a rifle for the safe.

Thanks for the info guys. The picture doesn't not show the correct staking in the bolt carrier... Maybe due to lighting/ color/ iPhone 5 camera. It is however a light staking. I may run it up to our armorer today and have them make it a touch deeper.
    Last edited by Relyt; 01-17-13 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    Can you post another picture of the FCG? Hard to be sure from the photo, but looks like the legs of the hammer spring might be on the wrong side of the trigger pin.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I didn't read the entire thread so I don't know if this was mentioned but.. yeah... I would never purchase anything from a shady company like Anderson. They make false claims for one thing but not only that over on TOS one of their employees (vice president I believe) went onto the board with a post count of 1 and started acting like a happy customer claiming how amazing the rifles, they require no lube, and the US Military is adopting Anderson Manufacturing rifles as the "new DOD mil spec". Not even kidding.

Somebody then tracked the name of the poster back to Anderson Manufacturing and it was proven that it was an employee once again making false claims.

Again, do not know if this was mentioned but here's the thread (forgive me for linking but this is important):

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/5...facturing.html

Anderson Manufacturing is a huge fraud. Don't support these scam artists!
    Last edited by djmorris; 01-17-13 at 13:56.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link dj. I can't believe their VP actually tried to pull some crap like that. That's low.
    If one of their Execs. sinks that far there's no telling how bad the weapons they build could actulally be.
    Personally I would run, not walk, far far away from Anderson Arms.

Feedback Score
    Relyt there is a large potential upside to your purchase.
    Even though there is little possibility of an AWB there is still a LOT of panic buying going on out there. I'll be willing to bet you could get more than you paid for your rifle.
    If you're not in a hurry you could wait until prices go back to normal and the shelves are restocked, then buy a reliable rifle from a reputable manufacturer.
    The money you save could be put into accessories or ammo.
    Just sayin'
    Last edited by eperk; 01-17-13 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    I didn't read the entire thread so I don't know if this was mentioned but.. yeah... I would never purchase anything from a shady company like Anderson. They make false claims for one thing but not only that over on TOS one of their employees (vice president I believe) went onto the board with a post count of 1 and started acting like a happy customer claiming how amazing the rifles, they require no lube, and the US Military is adopting Anderson Manufacturing rifles as the "new DOD mil spec". Not even kidding.

Somebody then tracked the name of the poster back to Anderson Manufacturing and it was proven that it was an employee once again making false claims.

Again, do not know if this was mentioned but here's the thread (forgive me for linking but this is important):

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/5...facturing.html

Anderson Manufacturing is a huge fraud. Don't support these scam artists!
    ^^This... plus the poor or absent staking(which is soooo easy to do correctly), and misaligned upper/lower makes one wonder if anything they claim as specs on their products is true. All signs point to run far away from Anderson.
    Last edited by 6933; 01-17-13 at 16:19. Reason: speellin'

Feedback Score
    Yes, I will post pics again of what you want later. Off to work for me.

In reference to the above post, the staking is there, just hard to see in the lighting picture.

I will continue to shoot the rifle and see how I like it compared to the others I used to own. Right now I plan to keep it. I haven't had a chance to speak with him about the small misalignment but I do plan on doing that.

The way I look at it at the moment is I am happy. I know this is opening another box of worms, but heck my Kimber isn't even "perfect." It had a break in period and unlike a glock you can't ride it hard and put it away wet.

As for the claims and the VP etc, I do not know him, and I was unfamilire with the claims until reading that thread.

Regardless, who now a days can you trust or is "perfect". We have Presidents who lie, Generals who have affairs with book writers, championship athletes who dope, firefighters who burn down houses, and normal everyday people who break the law and smoke dope or whatever else.

Was he trying to promote his product? Sure, just like anyone on here would. What marketing director doesn't try to make their product seen like the end all be all?

All I did was buy an Anderson product and say that I have enjoyed shooting it thus far and spoke about my tour of the facility.

Feedback Score
    Here's the first quote from the VP of Anderson.

"Anderson is a New to the AR market, they make a ton of receivers and other parts for other OEMS. They are also the only company with the new RF-85 tech. I here this is about to become the new DOD Mil-Spec. Thier guns are some of the best on the market."

Red flag#1: If he's a VP of the company, why is he referring to Anderson in the third person? Instead of using "they and their" why didn't he say we and our company? Is he ashamed of the company or just being plain deceitful?

Red flag#2: RF-85 is going to be the "New DOD Mil-Spec" Really??? That's just shamelessly promoting something supported by nothing more than conjecture.

Red flag#3 If he is a VP his grammar sucks. Here and hear have two totally different meanings.

If you want to promote your product just come out and say it's yours, don't pretend to be a third party giving some kind of review.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eperk View Post
    Here's the first quote from the VP of Anderson.

"Anderson is a New to the AR market, they make a ton of receivers and other parts for other OEMS. They are also the only company with the new RF-85 tech. I here this is about to become the new DOD Mil-Spec. Thier guns are some of the best on the market."

Red flag#1: If he's a VP of the company, why is he referring to Anderson in the third person? Instead of using "they and their" why didn't he say we and our company? Is he ashamed of the company or just being plain deceitful?

Red flag#2: RF-85 is going to be the "New DOD Mil-Spec" Really??? That's just shamelessly promoting something supported by nothing more than conjecture.

Red flag#3 If he is a VP his grammar sucks. Here and hear have two totally different meanings.

If you want to promote your product just come out and say it's yours, don't pretend to be a third party giving some kind of review.
    I don't disagree.

Thank you to the member who wrote me with positive information and ways to check for things links to articles on how-to, etc.

As I've said a million times (ok maybe 5), I enjoy the fact that I have something made "down the road" from me. I didn't come here to be told what a huge mistake I made, that I'm a liar blah blah blah. I came here for the same fact that everyone else did.... they like M4 style rifles/ guns and or are gun collectors.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast