Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Anderson Manufacturing AM-15M416 Review

Feedback Score
    I have not posted on here in a long time but here are my thoughts after reading the whole thread again and using weapons system for about three years.
    1. Cerro is the manufacture of the forgings Anderson uses. The Cerro rep told me so and the Keyhole supports it.
    2. Anderson makes many high quality components for other companies that people seem to worship. I saw the parts being made with others names on them.
    3. Anderson is its own worse enemy by selling lowers and uppers so cheaply without the RF85 treatments.

Now from use of the rifles with RF85.
    In my experience it allows more time between cleanings and does not need as much lube to run. I know they say no lube but mine work better with red grease on lugs and light oil on all other moving parts. RF85 sure keeps carbon build up down.

I see no wear on my 5.56's but the 6.8's showed wear fairly fast without lube. I run with the red grease and no wear.

I clean my RF85 rifles with standard Hoppes #9. They clean fast and then I lightly lube them. They are wearing less than non RF85 treated weapons.

The RF85 in the barrel I don't know about except these barrels shoot well and clean easily.

Dissecting the rifles and none of this has not been told to Anderson directly:
    Free float tubes work but not offering features to level of most any good brand free float fore end. I removed all of mine and used, LaRue, Troy or other operator designed fore ends.

On the Uppers and Lowers sold. Damm good deal. I bough and built ten of them. Not one problem putting them together. There uppers and lowers are as good as any on the planet.

My last on this is my advice is for Anderson to quit selling parts, dump the fore ends. Put a great trigger and top notch barrel in the system and price as LaRue, PWS or LMT do there top of the line stuff and be happy making as good as it gets. The rifles would then get a following of people looking for the best at any price

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If you think that making a few changes will allow them to change the price structure and then price it with the likes of others you mentioned, then you aren't really in tune with marketing and certainly not the AR market.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalIntervention View Post
    I have not posted on here in a long time but here are my thoughts after reading the whole thread again and using weapons system for about three years.
    1. Cerro is the manufacture of the forgings Anderson uses. The Cerro rep told me so and the Keyhole supports it.
    2. Anderson makes many high quality components for other companies that people seem to worship. I saw the parts being made with others names on them.
    3. Anderson is its own worse enemy by selling lowers and uppers so cheaply without the RF85 treatments.

Now from use of the rifles with RF85.
    In my experience it allows more time between cleanings and does not need as much lube to run. I know they say no lube but mine work better with red grease on lugs and light oil on all other moving parts. RF85 sure keeps carbon build up down.

I see no wear on my 5.56's but the 6.8's showed wear fairly fast without lube. I run with the red grease and no wear.

I clean my RF85 rifles with standard Hoppes #9. They clean fast and then I lightly lube them. They are wearing less than non RF85 treated weapons.

The RF85 in the barrel I don't know about except these barrels shoot well and clean easily.

Dissecting the rifles and none of this has not been told to Anderson directly:
    Free float tubes work but not offering features to level of most any good brand free float fore end. I removed all of mine and used, LaRue, Troy or other operator designed fore ends.

On the Uppers and Lowers sold. Damm good deal. I bough and built ten of them. Not one problem putting them together. There uppers and lowers are as good as any on the planet.

My last on this is my advice is for Anderson to quit selling parts, dump the fore ends. Put a great trigger and top notch barrel in the system and price as LaRue, PWS or LMT do there top of the line stuff and be happy making as good as it gets. The rifles would then get a following of people looking for the best at any price

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    If you think that making a few changes will allow them to change the price structure and then price it with the likes of others you mentioned, then you aren't really in tune with marketing and certainly not the AR market.
    I may not have explained myself well enough
    My advice to them since the start was to only make the best possible and then charge accordingly

Certainly they hurt there image by not doing that and blowing out parts at cheap prices

It may be too late to change the business plan to some but it certainly would not hurt to make the improvements and see where it goes

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Improvement and the betterment of product should always be a goal and you are 100% correct on that. Also, as some of us know, timing is very important as well.

The blowing out of parts at cheap prices is certainly something that will make people wonder....

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalIntervention View Post
    I may not have explained myself well enough
    My advice to them since the start was to only make the best possible and then charge accordingly

Certainly they hurt there image by not doing that and blowing out parts at cheap prices

It may be too late to change the business plan to some but it certainly would not hurt to make the improvements and see where it goes

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Whoever said they think the lower was wire EDM'd doesn't know much about the process.

It'd take a heck of a lot longer and make it more expensive than they are currently priced at.

Additionally, I owned one (with full RF85 treatment) and it did not fare well in class. Gummed up at around 1200 rounds or so. Also, bolt release was machined out of spec and the paddle was almost impossible to get to release the bolt. The gun got sent back and items were replaced. Customer service was great and the barrel was very accurate, but IMO they've got a long way to go before they can be compared to Larue and the likes.

Again, this is just one persons experience, but I feel these problems were severe enough that the rifle should not have made it out the door.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Whoever said they think the lower was wire EDM'd doesn't know much about the process.

It'd take a heck of a lot longer and make it more expensive than they are currently priced at.

Additionally, I owned one (with full RF85 treatment) and it did not fare well in class. Gummed up at around 1200 rounds or so. Also, bolt release was machined out of spec and the paddle was almost impossible to get to release the bolt. The gun got sent back and items were replaced. Customer service was great and the barrel was very accurate, but IMO they've got a long way to go before they can be compared to Larue and the likes.

Again, this is just one persons experience, but I feel these problems were severe enough that the rifle should not have made it out the door.
    I toured the Anderson facility a couple of years ago and at that point there where CNC Machined
    The company has pretty much every type of machining process but I think CNC is what they use

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Read most of this thread after watching a few You Tube reviews one that shot or claimed to have shot 2,500 Rounds, NO LUBE!!! Anderson RF85 AM-15 Rifle Torture Test dry not a drop of oil, in about 4 or 5 hours, with as many shooters. They had four failure to feed each time the shooter had been holding onto the mag like it was a fore grip as the gun was getting hot. They also did a follow up video Anderson RF85 Aftermath: Did We Wear it Out? that showed that the gun was filthy after their test but after cleaning appeared to only have normal wear. Over all very impressive. Than I read this thread and lot of what I have read here appeared to be a lot of negatives based on what seemed to be contempt prior to investigation. Along with a few others that apparently think advances in technology is just pixie dust. If there were any posts from anyone that has, had or used an RF85 treated Anderson rifle and said the RF85 was BS or that their Anderson was a POS. I missed them. It seems only a few like you have any real experience with the RF85 treated rifles. It's been a few years since you started this thread, what do you think of your rifle now.

Your pics are gone so I missed your collection and partner eye candy. How did your build go? Are you happy with your Anderson lower?

Are you still with Anderson? What do you think of their quality control now have you seen any problems or is their quality control up to par? Was unclear if you have one of their rifles if so what are your impressions?
    This thread is like 8-9 years old and Anderson has a pretty well established reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718